920 keeps asking me to confirm access point!!??

brentwr

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I would appreciate some help for a minor irritation. Cant quite recall when it started to happen but now every time I power on (and after unlocking with my pass-code) I am asked to confirm my access point from a list of carriers?

Message is: "Select your operator to get the correct settings so you can get online and send MMS messages" what follows is a list of potential access points such as Vodafone, asda, talk talk. All show (inactive) except my actual carrier which is Vodafone UK Contract (active).

Data roaming is off. OS version 8.0.10328.78

Probably an easy solution but its annoying me and I cant for the life of me find the setting for it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral brentwr. I used to have this on my phone and if I remember correctly, some of the system apps needed updating. After these were updated, I believe the problem went away.

Try the following and let us know if this solves the problem or not. Download an app called "SysApp Pusher" from the store. (You can read about SysApp Pusher here). Once it is installed, tap the 'check' button at the bottom to scan for any updates. It should indicate if any updates are found. Install any updates that it finds. Once you have installed the updates, try restarting your phone again and see if the message about choosing your network still appears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss