Nokia Lumia 920 - I cannot receiving incoming text (SMS) messages

Landryfan7

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm including many detailed troubleshooting steps already taken.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 on the ATT $60/month unlimited data prepaid plan. Since Thursday morning, I have been unable to receive incoming text (SMS) messages.

The text messages I send are received. I have no problem receiving or making calls. The messages being sent to me are from people with various carriers/providers in various areas of the US.

I have not changed any of my settings, although I do see that the "extras+info" app last updated on 11/28 (the same day my incoming texts stopped coming through). I bought the phone new approximately two months ago. I have not dropped the phone or gotten it wet; it is not damaged in any way.

The same problem occurred two weeks ago. I called AT&T, the CS rep sent me a message, which came through immediately and pushed through the 40+ messages I had not received in the 24 hours prior. She said it was caused by an AT&T update to towers in the area, so if it happened again to power my phone on/off and it should reset itself.

I have spoken AT&T CS/Tech Support several times since Thursday. We've tried the following troubleshooting steps, to no avail:

Powering phone on/off, resetting phone by pressing volume down + power button, removing and reinserting SIM card, turned wi-fi off/on, turned text messaging backup and group texting off/on, deleting all the text messages in my phone in case one of them was corrupted, sending text message to 151, checked the provisioning and pushed messages to me "over the air" (not received), confirmed that the message center # (beginning with +312) is correct, confirmed that the MMS APN settings are correct.

AT&T was stumped, gave me a case # and an anticipated resolution date for next Wednesday. Sigh.

Today I tried two things I read online which worked: I sent a text message to myself with a pic attached (received), and I came online and emailed a message to my phone#@mms.att.net (received).
So it seems like everything on the phone is working, except incoming SMS messages. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm on contract with att on a 920 and I just found out today that I have not been receiving text messages. Might be related. I've tried restarting, it did not help.

BSiegel1

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, did you ever get this resolved???

I began experiencing this issues on my Lumia 1020 a few weeks ago as well. I am really frustrated with ATT at this point...
I have a Lumia 1020 on ATT's network under a sharing plan for our business (about another 15 phones). I appear to be the only one experiencing this issue.

I can send SMS and they are received immediately by others
I can receive MMS from myself and others immediately. However, SMS messages to my # get delayed for hours and appear to all come in - in bulk usually around 10pm or 4am in the morning.

I was also given an advanced support case with ATT but no solution after about three weeks.. I have been calling them every day to complain. Sometimes, things start working early in the morning for about an hour or so and then the problem starts happening again.

I'm certain this is not an issue with the phone (hardware) or SIM becasue I have already tried the following...

1. Swapped my SIM in my wifes ATT Lumia 620 (which does receive SMS) and same problem occures

2. Tried my SIM in another LUMIA 1020 I have with a cracked screen (but works fine) and same problem occures

3. ATT sent me a new SIM and same problem occures in my 1020, the 1020 with the cracked screen and my wifes phone.

4. I have read somewhere on an ATT forum that this may be related to SMS messages being backed up with some corruption so I deleted all SMS messages but still does not work

GIven all the above, I see no reason to reset the phone (again) which I have also tried.

The only variables I can envision at this point may be...

This started occuring around the time I received the Black update or it's something in the carriers network...

Thanks for any input...

SanjayAries

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Please check if you have enabled Calls and SMS block under settings and also if blocked withheld number is enabled then you would not get sms like back OTP etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon