Returning L920 this week for a replacement and I'm not on att romS

Carter L

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Been having some issues with my touchscreen lately so I decided to get a replacement sent to me. ATT shipped a new one out for me today and it will be here in 4 business days. I'm not on the stock att rom because I was impatient. I'm currently on

RM-821_eu_france_267

I need to get back on an ATT rom as far as I know otherwise it would void the warranty? I've heard of people getting on the Dev rom, but no success stories with the 821 rom. Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have tried several times with no luck. I have finally resorted to using the roger rom. I know once person on XDA said he was able to go back, but doesn't remember the sequence.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If ATT repair folks will actually look at the phone booting and paying attention to the details they will notice that it's not an ATT rom. There is a measurable chance that your warranty is voided. You will end up paying for the replacement at full retail price (read the fine print) and you will keep both the replacement and your old one is shipped back to you in that case. I think you can get a new L920 for around $300 at the moment Amazon.com: lumia 920
Yes, I know this sounds like a horror story to scare you, but that is a possibility. You can of course let the exchange go its course and hope they'll never notice. If they do, you could try to fix your old one and sell it on ebay.

I and a few others in the thread that Laura listed tried rolling back to ATT stock without success. I suggested to others to flash to the ATT Dev rom if they decide to make use of warranty. It will pretty much look like the Rogers rom (which also does not show a boot logo), but you already noted that you cannot flash that.

Another option is to quasi brick your phone. You could argue that this was another symptom you just happened to get after the touchscreen issues. That way they won't see the ROM. Of course, there is still a small chance that if they decide to dig deep, that they find that there is a foreign rom on your phone, especially since they may be trying to figure out what the touchscreen problem is. But that is a stretch and certainly more unlikely.
PM me if you want to know details.

Last edited:

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Honestly they probably won't care even if they notice it. I had to do this in person at an AT&T store before and they don't try very hard to dig through the ROM.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly they probably won't care even if they notice it. I had to do this in person at an AT&T store before and they don't try very hard to dig through the ROM.
possibly, I've been there as well. However, you are still taking your chances with that. If I want to know what can possibly happen I have to also include the chance that they may void my warranty after they've sent this in to ATT Care. The person at the ATT store may not care, however the person at ATT care has to file a report and may well care. I don't have the data on how many customers ATT challenges and how many times they don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99