'Camera Roll from SkyDrive' doesn't show a thumbnail in Photos app

Osikiri

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When I open Photos app and go into 'albums' menu, every other folders show its thumbnail
(including duplicated 'from SkyDrive' folders like 'Saved Pictures from SkyDrive')

but the only one folder, 'Camera Roll from SkyDrive' doesn't show its thumbnail and just remain as a gray box.
(Of course inside the 'Camera Roll from SkyDrive' album I can see every thumbnail of my pics, but the thumbnail for the whole folder doesn't show in the 'albums' level.)

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? It's quite bothering...

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
workaround i use is i open the skydrive app, move the folders in the pictures folder to somewhere else, say, documents. wait for a few minutes then open the album roll in photos app. when the thumbnails don't show anymore, i go back to skydrive then put back the moved folders back in its original place. wait a few minutes again then open the photos app. them folders with thumbnails are back. i know it's tedious but sometimes i get to be oc and just have to see the thumbnails. i'm open to looking for a quicker solution as well since this has been an issue for a long time. some have suggested doing a soft reset or even a factory reset but the issue keeps on coming back

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. Another way to fix is just go to SkyDrive phone app, or PC and make a new folder with a different name, move pictures, delete old folder. I always hit refresh in between action, remember it takes a few minutes for it to update.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. Another way to fix is just go to SkyDrive phone app, or PC and make a new folder with a different name, move pictures, delete old folder. I always hit refresh in between action, remember it takes a few minutes for it to update.
That's just what I've done, all the thumbnails are working now, hopefully it stays that way, thanks for the advice.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what I did about 5 weeks ago. Everything stated to work as it should but that didn't last more than a few days. Most of my SkyDrive folders once again show up like gray rectangles.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
That's just what I've done, all the thumbnails are working now, hopefully it stays that way, thanks for the advice.

I found that it will stay ok until, you turn off your phone and or you loose the synchronized from live. The other time it will disappear is when you delete temporarily storage from storage check or phone storage, for some reason those album fall under temp memory? Go figure...

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did about 5 weeks ago. Everything stated to work as it should but that didn't last more than a few days. Most of my SkyDrive folders once again show up like gray rectangles.
Update....after having the folder tiles working, they have now reverted back to the grey squares they were before/

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've given up on trying to sort this out. Even the photos app in Windows 8 is garbage and doesn't find the pictures I have stored on my hard drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss