app store not updating

decentdude02

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
hi all!! hope you all are doing well...

I'm facing a problem with my Lumia 920 since last few weeks. I observed that my app store is not being updated with the latest app notifications. The apps which are due for update are not being displayed on the live tile, even if you go in to update apps, you wont find the apps which are due for update. For example, if WhatsApp has rolled out an update, my live till will not change neither you can check it in the update center.

I have to search the application in the store, and then it will show the option to update the app. My store's live tile has been stuck to 13, it is not getting changed with the new app updates available.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I wish someone could come up with a solution for this problem, my settings are to get updates and notifications. But they are not coming through this started back in November, along with spastic battery drain, when I have time I go to the store and update every thing manually and almost every-time I do I find several that have updates.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey DD2,
I found this doing a forum search and as soon as I done it 13 updates showed on my store tile, WOW.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/232982-4.htm

This works WOW! ! !
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!

It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery drain is only, 0.7% per hour for the last 10 hours since updating all my apps. WOW

Well today my battery started getting spastic drain, reset the calender again went with all the above steps and bam 3 updates. I'd say my battery will settle down and be nice now.

It would be nice if there was a program like the regular Windows had that we could get for checking updates. And a file manager, task manager where we could close apps and see what is agitating our W8 phone O/S. There is definitely something not right in the W8 phone O/S when you can not receive automatic notifications of updates without resetting the calender date. I despise the fact that we have little control or the ability to see what is affecting the O/S. I'd say that most of the wild battery drain has something to do with glitches like this.

Every time I start having battery drain problems as soon as my updates are done it goes back to less than 1% per hour drain, if I'm not using the camera or surfing the web.

jessiedi

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello i tried putting the year to 2011 and i switch the phone off but when i switch it on it returns to 2013,can you help me please

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello i tried putting the year to 2011 and i switch the phone off but when i switch it on it returns to 2013,can you help me please
I don't know exactly what your doing but it goes like this,
You have to go in settings-> turn off auto update date and time, then set the calender to 08 01 2011
Turn the phone all the way off, not just to standby
After its off a few seconds restart the phone, after it starts go back to settings and turn auto update calender and time back on -> back out of settings and see if you have any notifications of updates in your Store Icon or Tile.

Make sure your settings are set to receive app update notifications.

My phones battery got spastic again this evening after being fantastic for the past 36 hours done this and I had 3 app update in my Store tile, updated back to 0.3% drain per hour now.

markprints

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey DD2,
I found this doing a forum search and as soon as I done it 13 updates showed on my store tile, WOW.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/232982-4.htm

This works WOW! ! !
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!

It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

Worked like a champ, 13 updates

decentdude02

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This is again a problem.. Windows Phone store doesn't get updates for apps.. I have to manually keep a track of all the updates.. Please help!

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This is again a problem.. Windows Phone store doesn't get updates for apps.. I have to manually keep a track of all the updates.. Please help!

I know its crazy, the updates will work for some time then go wacky, mine 920 does the same.

I suspect it a app update that hangs the update notifications up, when I do not get any updates in a few days I do the calender trick back in the thread and get my updates. But my biggest gripe is their is no app or utility to see what is causing the ERROR, HANG-UP or whatever that causes the problem so we may be able to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos