xbox music app on nokia 920 wp8

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time windowsphone music user and a subscriber..first to Zune and currently to Xbox Music. I still use an HTC Surround as an mp3 player and sync the phone on my windows 8.1 Lenovo standalone PC through the Zune software I downloaded. I also have a Nokia 920 wp8. I got it right after it came out and have stayed on the cutting edge of all the updates and an currently running the GDR3 early release to developers. Had previously flashed the phone and got the lumia amber update through the Rogers ROM. My point is that I know this OS and phone's problems and capabilities as well as anyone! I went through all the initial problems of missing album and artist artwork and resolved all of that though a lot of trial and error and reading what others did to solve those problems. Thanks to all who posted the answers to my questions here at WP Central. Everyone that sees all the things my phone will do and the beautiful artwork and artist info thinks it is amazing. Almost all of the music on my phone is my own. I am completely pissed that MS is making it so hard to transfer the music I own on the phone that I bought (and pay ATT for each month) when very few others were willing to support the Wp, to the new Xbox music app. I do not want or need the damn cloud! I am on a monthly data plan that would break me if I had to access the cloud to listen to my music when I want to. My God..M$ vwhen is enough ...enough?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you managed to get the artist info and solve your problems. It's very irritating from our perspective, knowing the trouble we have to go through sometimes to get the music to behave like we know it should do first time. All we can do is complain about these problems to MS and if we make enough noise they should take notice and fix these issues. The problem is they don't currently see it as a priority, but slowly release the odd tweak here and there in order to fix specific issues.

I'm hoping that with the new Music stand-alone app that can get updated by itself, these issues will slowly fall away and that the 8.1 release will see any OS music issues disappear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6