Nokia 920 loses charge using wireless charger CR-200 and running Here Drive+

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got a CR-200 wireless car charger for my 920. When I run Here Drive+ the phone battery charge slowly drops and the phone gets very hot on the back towards the top of the phone. (Similar heat experienced when the phone experienced rapid battery drain which I haven't seen in several months) I have used the CR-200 wireless charger without using the navigation app and all is well. The phone charges normally. As far as I know, the phone generally performs as it should and battery life is decent in most situations. I have this same problem when using a couple of other USB car chargers. I've read most of the posts and realize that using a better/Nokia wired car charger is probably the solution for wired charging but... Shouldn't the Nokia CR-200 be able to keep up with Here Drive+ and also give me at least a small amount of positive charge when using it?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That could be possible. I'm not sure, but I thought those wireless chargers couldn't charge at the same rate as a charger plugged into the wall.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
When plugged into my cars port thorough usb, Here Drive+ can use 1% more per hour than it charges. if I drive for an hour, I always loose charge.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had real world test recently. Copilot Live does not have this problem - I noticed the difference when I took an 8 hour trip. Copilot remained fully charged. On the way back, used Here Drive+ and it drained my battery more than it charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos