No rotation and constant crashing of IE

james_dean1986

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Over the past month I have noticed the automatic screen rotation (which is turned on) stops regularly for no obvious reason. I think its is from when I watch online videos (youtube, bbc etc) but cannot be sure. When it stops, the rotation for other apps stops working to.
I have downloaded the sensor emitter app and all seems to be fine there, it detects all movement.
When the phone is restarted all goes back to normal for while until it happens again.
This may or may not be related but I am noticing a lot of issue with internet explorer as well. It keeps randomly closing its self. Also if I switch application mid way through a page loading, that closes it.
Any suggestions?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there is some corruption in there somewhere. My recommendation would be to do a hard reset (Settings | About | Reset my phone). You'll want to make sure your photos are all backed up to either SkyDrive or your PC first, and you're going to lose app data for apps that don't provide a backup method (SkyDrive, app's servers, etc). If you have the backup settings on then your apps will be able to automatically reinstall when you restore the backup. Also, if you have GDR3 installed you can do that restore from WiFi.

If you don't yet have GDR3, and want to install it, here's some direction:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF7Oyy3OdOmFel6G8UmcNgtaMkEfA

james_dean1986

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.
I will give that a go when I get chance to back it up. I use sky drive but not for photos and videos.
I hope the app restore issue is resolved. I had to change my phone several time within the first 6 months and every time it tried to restore the apps they would fail so it resulted in me downloaded them all again.

james_dean1986

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Quick update - Cause but no cure.
After lots of testing the issue seems to be when watching videos on-line through youtube and other similar sites. The phone switches to landscape mode for watching the video, but then does not switch back to portrait mode once the video has finished. If I lock and unlock the phone it will switch back to portrait however the auto rotation for all aspects of the phone stops working even though the sensors are detecting it. Only way to get the rotation working again is to reset the phone
Clearing the IE history does not resolve it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)