Headphone Socket Issue, broken?

harrywilde

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I'm very happy with my new 920 but i've just realised i only get audio through one earphone, using earpods plugged fully in until they click, if i pull them out a little bit i get it through both but with poorer quality and obviously that isn't right. I think it has broken since buying as i would have noticed but not sure if it is an issue with the headphone socket, how would i fix this issue?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
have you tried different headphones ??? is it still under warranty ?? if so take it back or if not but a replacement headphone socket from ebay, its very easy to change the part

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me on several occasions. Often after the phone is dropped. I believe the contacts inside the headphone jack become misaligned.
Odd, though, after awhile everything gets back to normal. I haven't opened my 920 yet to see what's going on. I've probably voided warranty already.

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I had this happen to me last night and its happened to me as well on a few other occasions. I find if I reset the phone it works no problem. Last night however I reset it on my commute home 4-5 times. I got frustrated, left the phone off for a good 10-15 minutes, restarted it and my headphones worked. I'm no expert, I don't know if it had to do with the cold and just needed to warm up, if there is something wrong with connections or if there is some strange software problem within the phone. I mean if it was something wrong with the mechanics in the connection wouldn't the headphones not work at all after a restart?

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have had the problem with two Lumia 920 phones and,various head phones/ear buds. When I received a Lumia 1520 (RM 938) recently, it came with a set of unidentifiable, though very good ear buds/headset. Audio is clear, loud and well balanced.
I plugged them into my recalcitrant Lumia 920 and was quite surprised by the same result.
I then tried the 2 Sennheiser ear buds on the new 1520, and have the same loss of audio on the right ear bud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon