Unlocking AT&T 920

enzom09

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting mine unlocked by finding someone with AT&T service and giving them my IMEI. This was such a hassle though. Time to sell my AT&T stock i guess.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The burden of the unlocking has to fall back on the owner\buyer of this phone somewhere along the line. This is an old phone now, and many were unlocked 6 months ago when they were first allowed to be. It's well documented that att's unlock policies are tough so people need to research their purchases before they buy. In the US att lumia 920's go for just over a hundred bucks unlocked if you look around a little. Used AND unlocked is the way to go.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Which doesn't ********** work if you bought your ATT BRANDED phone at full price from Amazon (an authorized ATT affiliate) and never took service with ATT!

I wouldn't expect them to, i want them to devote their time and efforts towards me, a longtime ATT customer.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Lets see, if i buy an ATT phone it's very hard to get it unlocked. Maybe I should buy a different phone. Kind of like when i smash my thumb with a hammer it hurts, well then don't smash your thumb.

lizarbe

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
To my surprise I just received the unlock code for my 920 from at&t! Ok let's start that I'm a current at&t customer with a 2yr contract on the Lumia 920 that just a few weeks ago tried to get the unlock from att using the unlock website provided by them. In that occasion I got and email back stating that they couldn't give it to me cause I was under the 2yr contract and there was still one year more to the contract to expired. I said ok that's fine but just 4 days ago I tried one more time just for the heck out of it and guess what? This Time I got an email with the unlock code! I really don't know what happened but I'm a happy camper right now ;-)

isleidyll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlocking AT&T 920 SUCCESS!

I bought an AT&T Lumia 920 a couple of months ago on eBay, just about the time AT&T made it just about impossible to unlock second hand phones. I did everything I could to convince AT&T to unlock it. I formerly was an AT&T customer. The phone was AT&T locked. They would not budge because I was not the one who originally received the phone from AT&T. The IMEI was not registered in my name. So, I started checking around with the online onlocking services. They all said they could not unlock my phone. Then I got an email back from SafeUnlockCode.com saying they could unlock the phone for $48.99. I had to pay them in advance via PayPal. They had a lot of rules about what I needed to do in order to get a refund if the unlock code did not work, such as making a video of entering the unlock code. It seemed a bit risky, but I was anxious to get the phone unlocked so I went ahead and paid. About five days after I paid I received an email with the unlock code and instructions. I put in a SIM card which was not accepted and caused the phone to ask for an unlock code. Typing in the code was a bit tricky as the phone did not record every key press on the first try. Once I got the code in correctly, the phone unlocked immediately and works fine. :grin::grin:

Dionisio Fernandes1

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi to all,
I also myself bought a yellow Lumia 920 from eBay on January this year in a rush. After the bidding I found out that the item was locked to AT&T. From there to here, I tried some third parties unlocking service but none of them worked. Saddest of all is the UnlocksExpress.com headed/represented by a fellow supposedly called Javier. They received my $22.5 US, and kept that amount by almost 4 weeks. When I wanted them to refund my money , since I paid by Paypal, they told me to open a cancellation case, so they can refund me within 7 working days. I paid in February 07th and up to now, I still don't have my money refunded and they don't respond to my emails anymore. We have to stop those thieves.
In meanwhile those who unlocked their phone, I would like to have their sincere support on providing with the link name so I can unlock mine.
Thank you all in advance
Dion :eck:

silkychoco 2013

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to unlock an AT&T windows phones recently? Apparently they have changed their unlock policies online and require you to go through their website and seeing as how I am not an at&T customer I can't get my 920 unlocked (I got it for tmobile). Any ideas on this. Also if anyone wants to be generous and unlock it for me with their account I would gladly give them my imei.

Contact your carrier to unlock your Nokia Lumia 920 from network lock . After getting unlock code from them, get free unlocking instructions from MobileUnlockGuide.com to unlock it .

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked mine about 3 months ago. I just mentioned I was traveling to Europe (which was true). I popped in a Spanish Vodafone sim, changed some settings, and I was able to use 4G data.

Dionisio Fernandes2

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Dear friend,
I bought mine on January and up to now, I couldn?t unlock it. I?ve keeping it as my portable camera, since it makes amazing photos, also as my portable storage card, since it has a huge 32 GB memory and also as my FM portable radio. Would you please help me unlocking it? Please reply. Regards :sweaty:

GGG S

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokai Lumia 920. u mentioned that you had it unlocked with a 3rd party
Would you kindly share with whom.

I am desperately trying to unlock my phone. I bought it for $350 second hand from a phone store in NYC. they told me it is okay with a different sim other than ATT. Unfortunately I tried to use it but it seemed to be locked.

I am not in the States anymore. I am stuck so I tried calling the store but no one could help me. I tried a 3rd party onlineunlocks.com unlocking site and he said he couldn't find a code for me.

What would be your best advice? thanks

cortez man

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just unlocked my ATT Lumia 920 from 3rd party! Pumped that it worked! Cost $75 However, as soon as phone accepted unlock code, it shut off! I couldn't turn phone on for 5 minutes. Freaked me out! Thought code had wrecked phone somehow. Finally, I held hard reset buttons down almost 10 seconds and phone came back on with nothing reset at all and it was unlocked. I don't know that the hard reset did anything at all. Maybe it was a time sensitive thing. I couldn't even charge phone wired or wireless during this time. Anybody else ever have their phone shut off like that after unlocking?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon