Battery Drains Quickly after Black Updates!!! any experts..

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
How many more times on this???? Seems to happen after every update for some people!!!

Hard reset... Cycle battery for a few days.... Enjoy!!!!!

Karan Shah7

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Evn m facing same problem. Post update lumia 925 discharges at 6%/hour with batter saver on and all backgroud tasks closed.. Pretty strange.. Before it was like 1%/hour thing.. Have u tried hard reset like suggested here.. If t works then lemme knw..

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
First of all, after a new software update...your phone needs time to adjust to the new settings. Disable all the background tasks which you don't use. My battery drains quickly because of all the apps going on. I'm a frequent user of WhatsApp, I spend like 23 hours on WhatsApp, 4 hours music playback, and I play loads of games. Anyways since the black update, my phone's battery stays for a longer time. I would recommend you to disable glance because there's not really much need of it, vibration too, ringers for keyboard and other things which doesn't really require a sound, and I guess keep your location, wifi, Bluetooth, nfc off when you're not using it. Prefer WiFi connections rather than mobile data, and maybe keep your highest connection to 3g or 2g. hope this helps.and yes! change the time at which your mail syncs to the server.
if all this doesn't help a hard reset might help :)
All the best

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys same happened to me on my lumia 1020 on black. after few battery cycles..it has come back to normal. but i would suggest a hard reset aka format your fone and install all things again. Now i have 16 hrs of use with heavy usage. i have 6 apps active in background glance screen on with GLANCE WALLPAPER . double tap to wake active.with meduim use i get 1.5 days. i use bluetooth to stream music in my car. few snaps and little social stuff and gaming

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I just did a soft reset, battery much better now. i'm not hard resetting it, cant be bothered with reinstalling everything. try a soft reset first and see what happens.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery life,is now,better,than wat it was with amber after hard reset....i,suggest all u guys do a hard reset after black update....

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life,is now,better,than wat it was with amber after hard reset....i,suggest all u guys do a hard reset after black update....

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

I always try to reset my device after updates. This is something that I came across when cooking and installing roms on Windows Mobile. I'm glad your battery life is better.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Ive noticed a considerable deterioration in battery usage after Black. Battery Saver appears at about 7pm now on an average day..I might never see it with Amber except with heavy usage.

evanspress

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is horrible before black and now worse. Battery Saver is reporting 3 hours left at 48%. I'm lucky if I get 7 hours of use and I'm talking light. Glance is off, high touch is off, NFC, Bluetooth and brightness on auto.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
In my case the amber was the worst update, it ate up the battery. Now after black the battery has increased by 10hours at least i.e on standby measures on full charge taking it from 1day12hrs to 1day21hours on my Lumia 720 .P.S DTTW is on.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Those with issues with Black update - turn off Glance and Double tap to wake. Disable "allow search when phone is locked".

Black has made Lumia 92x phones' screen extra sensitive. If your phone is in pocket, most likely it gets woken up by touch of your thighs. Disabling glace and touch will work the magic. Also, these are already suggested in the Lumia 920 battery thread.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a "query ", I am spanish user with a French rom that it's fine for me with GDR3 (v. ... 155 ... ) and I have a doubt about your batteries... I think that the mobile does not know what battery spent, do "strange things", battery drains randomly and the battery percentage is mostly wrong. Lately the battery lasts longer with the same use, my battery lasts more than a full day except If I use a lot of whatsapp app and others .. (turning it off at night, 4G on, without bluetooth, nfc, one push mail....), but to reach the full day I have to turn it off one or twice, I mean, when I see the percentage around 15 % as I do not trust if this percentage is real, I turn it off one minute or 2 and then I turn it on, and usually I find the percentage of charge above 50-60 % to my surprise, so the mobile support the next day or half day, I'm wondering if the same happens to you??? I realised a hard reset on the phone but the same thing still happens. Conclusion, the battery of the mobile confuses me, Greetings ! (sorry my english)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs