No Phone service - defective phone

lucyokey

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi i am just posting this for the benefit of others who may have this issue. I had a new Lumia 920 recently for work and was initially very pleased with it. Until I found I had no phone service/signal in a lot of locations where I normally have a perfectly good signal with my other phones on the same network. In fact with 2 phones sat next to each other on the same network one had 4 bars (out of 5) of phone service and the Nokia 'No service'.

We did all of the things advised to us - soft and factory re-set etc, new SIM etc. Nothing worked. Sent it back to the shop for a replacement and the replacement Lumia does actually work in areas where the other one didn't. Unfortunately as I had gone past the 'return phone and get a different one' date I had to stick with the Lumia (but I would have swapped for the dreaded Iphone as I had lost confidence at this point) - NOTE if you are having these problems don't wait too long to sort it out!

Overall I do love this phone and its features/look/feel etc. Fingers crossed the service and phone signal holds out in the many more rural areas that I have to go to (where my Blackberry on the same network works fine).

I found that many people had suffered this type of problem which seemed to be a hardware problem so swap the phone for a new one!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are two reasons why people stick it out.

First is people don't like being without a phone and don't have a backup.
Second is that they may not be able to return the phone as they bought it in some dodgy way or the country isn't known for warranty.

I always to try to encourage people to go to Nokia Care after trying a couple of things. If the phone is defective, take it back! Of course there's another issue rearing it's head lately is that a lot of retailers don't have stock of WP so they offer Androids instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99