Where to buy either the micro usb or the back case cover with NFC?

Lesthad

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I'm not sure wheter it is the correct forum to post it. If not, hope you can redirect me to the correct one. An if it's, hope you can help me :smile:

Unfortunately, a few days ago the micro usb charge of my Nokia Lumia 920 just got burn :-(
After doing some diagnostic, I found that only the micro usd charge should be replaced. But I am not sure where I can buy it.

Also, I saw that the back case cover for the Lumia 920 is sold but most of the ones I found are without the NFC

So, does any one could give me any clue where to buy either the back case cover with NFC or the micro usb for the Lumia 920?

Thanks in advance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what caused the micro USB port to burn? Something is definitely not right if it burnt, and my concern would be that whatever defect caused it to burn would recur again. This sounds like a safety hazard.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You can remove the nfc panel from your old cover and place in the new one, youtube has a lot videos on it.
also buy good quality replacements, because somebody earlier posted a cyan cover he bought got easily broken(which was a glossy cyan, probably a fake).

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
this is where I received my QI charger coil:
Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Coil Tag Repair Free Tools Fix Set for Lumia 920 | eBay

I have not changed the USB charger jack but they are also available on ebay:
US Micro USB Port Charging Connector Microphone Flex Cable for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

here are videos of how to change it.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/225333-7.htm#post2169946

not very difficult if you get over the anxiety hurdle that you may break the phone when you take the housing off.
That same thread also contains some links to ebay with back housing for the L920. I was able to purchase the red one on that same page (few posts below) with charging coil for $25.

But be careful. As Laura pointed out, merely replacing the parts may just cost you more to replace as you do not know the root of the problem that caused the burn (could be a problem with the charger). If you get the parts changed I definitely would use a different charger at minimum.

Lesthad

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't know what cause the problem. However, I have fixed it. I took my phone to a support center in my downtown where they repalced the flex cable with the micro usb.
Now, I can charge my phone normally :)

Do you know what caused the micro USB port to burn? Something is definitely not right if it burnt, and my concern would be that whatever defect caused it to burn would recur again. This sounds like a safety hazard.

Lesthad

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thansk for the links ;-)

this is where I received my QI charger coil:
Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Coil Tag Repair Free Tools Fix Set for Lumia 920 | eBay

I have not changed the USB charger jack but they are also available on ebay:
US Micro USB Port Charging Connector Microphone Flex Cable for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

here are videos of how to change it.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/225333-7.htm#post2169946

not very difficult if you get over the anxiety hurdle that you may break the phone when you take the housing off.
That same thread also contains some links to ebay with back housing for the L920. I was able to purchase the red one on that same page (few posts below) with charging coil for $25.

But be careful. As Laura pointed out, merely replacing the parts may just cost you more to replace as you do not know the root of the problem that caused the burn (could be a problem with the charger). If you get the parts changed I definitely would use a different charger at minimum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise