Music over bluetooth problems after Black update?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Since the Amber update, I've always had a minor problem when playing music from Xbox Music on my phone to my car's stereo, in that the songs would periodically skip a beat. Now that I have updated to Black/GDR3, the music will completely stop for a second every 5 minutes or so and then pick right back up. Has anyone else noticed an issue like this?

Ben Toan

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Had a similar problem. Since update to black sound cuts out for a few seconds, although for me length is random.

I think that black/gdr3 updated Bluetooth to v4.

Ben

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine usually stutters for the first 3-5 minutes, then it's fine after that. I use a GoGroove Flexsmart X3 in the car and a Monster Clarity HD at home.

haberll

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since the black update on my Lumia 920, the voice assistant cuts in and out, bluetooth loses connection and sometimes will not even connect. Will not connect to my car as it did prior to update. I have to remove car audio setup and pair again. The Black update did fix the issue with me not being able to send or receive pics but other than that, can't see much change. I'm waiting for the 8.1 Update specifically Cortana. If I'm not impressed with it, I'm moving on to Android. I have an HKC and so far I love the Android operating system. Something to think about.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Black made Audible start stuttering about once per day until I soft reset. 8.1 fixed it but replaced it with an issue where it just won't play sound at all until I reset. Fortunately that happens less often.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I just want to throw this damn 920 out the window. Ever since Lumia Black, my bluetooth to car has been stuttering when I leave and come back so I have to disable and re-enable bluetooth for it to stop. I've tried it with a Moto G with no issues. It's been more than 6 mos. of a pain in the anus and I keep holding out hope for some update to fix it. None of the dev previews has affected it. If and when cyan is available, if that doesn't fix it, i'm going to ditch it. It's just been a horrible experience and even Nokia care doesn't acknowlege it as a problem.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty pitiful support for this phone. Almost all other models that came after 920 has received official 8.1 from ATT while 920 users are sitting here with broken phones. Absolutely pathetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos