Volume control and sound issues post Black update for AT&T 920

anon(8012792)

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my l720 here in nz after black update
But what i m experiencing is that when i play a song or YouTube video it plays on the volume set prior to starting the song or video if u change the volume n click next on songs new song start at that new volume but while playing the song or video u can't change the volume i don't have any call related issues
Hope team at wpcentral is listening to this n complaints about it coz Microsoft isn't gonna do anything unless a press realase about the issue fingers crossed
Btw love my l720 😁

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been sent back to Nokia. Apparently they will replace the mainboard.. So, now I'm rocking a 925, which i have to say is rather nice, except for the fact its only 16gb. Had to uninstall a few things :/

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the problem as well, but it doesn't happen so often to me, so I don't mind rebooting - but it shouldn't happen.

I do have another weird issue. Sometimes, when I play music and the player goes to the next track, a loud hiss comes in the background. I have to skip/go back a song to remove the hiss - really weird and pretty annoying if you're listening to an album have to open your phone again! Does anyone know this issue?

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I used to have this problem too. One day I broke my phone (antena problem) and went to the Nokia Care Center. The problem was just that the antena was disconnected. But before oppening my phone, the guy did a complete reset with his computer.
I notived later that my old french rom had been replaced by the spannish one. And I haven't had the sound issue since then.

I also add that I had the issue since day 1 (july 2013) and that it persisted with the different update.

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the volume issue on my 928 on Verizon. Reboot only works temporarily. Its happens to me with Rhapsody, Spotify, You Tube HD, Nokia Mix Radio & Vine so I'm guessing its any audio playback. It only started with the Black update. Messed around with every audio setting, don't use glance. Gonna try an eliminate Stop The Music an c if that helps

Last edited:

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
There was a "sound" update today in the Store. Hopefully that will fix the bug.

Got this update too - it seems the "audio" app from the settings menu opens faster, but that's it... No significant changes. Yesterday, I did have something weird: volume up worked, but volume down did not work. This was fixed after a reboot, but still weird that one half of the volume rocker worked and the other didn't (I realize they're two separate buttons underneath).

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Didn't we all got an update for Audio settings? I did, just before black update. I guess its bugged. I hope for an update for fix soon from MS or Nokia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos