Vibrate too soft...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
lol what the hell?? They weakened the vibration with every single update, don't know why.... I guess it's the usual MS bull****

if it were the "usual" Microsoft bull**** it wouldn't have been touched because even changing that takes effort. There's a semi-decent reason I bet, someone care to enlighten us?

Besides, its Nokia managing things on the hardware end. (also the acquisition is/was not yet complete (also during the development of Amber and what not) before you tell me its MS now)

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, the 920s had serious issues with a very noisy and rattling vibrator. 3 of the 5 920s I've had, had nasty vibrator mechanisms. So I'm guessing Nokia reduced it to help address the issue.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree- this phone has a pretty weak vibration alert. When it first came out people complained that their 920 would vibrate too strongly, so it seems Nokia softened that with the Amber update. I don't know if it's even softer with Black but I know that I routinely miss calls if the phone is vibrating in my coat pocket. It's really frustrating. I'll be listening to music, have the phone set to vibrate then take it out and see a bunch of missed calls. If they can't provide a decent vibrate alert, then let me enable headphone-only ringing.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Vibrate on the 900 and the 920 I found to be too soft. The 8x has a much stronger vibrate, and my older HTC Touch Pro does as well, not to mention even my Moto SLVR L9 have stronger vibes. Think its a Nokia thing.

DJ FatCat

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hm... On my Lumia 920 vibration is quite good, when somebody's calling me, but it's too soft when pressing hardware buttons (Back/Windows/Search)

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Even I faced it. But one fine day , i had tossed my phone quite a lot of times and it did get hit by laptop lid and maybe door , eventually the vibration was hard (lol). So try shaking the phone a bit, it has to do with the vibramotor being damped. So either dust is not letting it operate at full efficiency or there's moisture in it. I'll suggest you to keep shaking it until vibration finally comes (lol). Use Vibrate | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) to test vibration.

PS : I am serious.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
interesting story, i missed my fourth call in recent memory because i didnt feel the vibrate.
it must be softer than i thought

arnieman

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Divjot is partly correct. With my situation, my vibration has reduced immensely in the past few months and I can't even feel the vibration when pressing the capacitive buttons. But if I hit it a little or shake it, it comes back a little bit stronger momentarily. This is on my 14 month old 920

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This problem appeared in my phone while I was abroad, in Europe. Maybe it's due to condensation when constantly going in and out of heated rooms to cold exteriors? I'm just baffled at how something like this would come out of nowhere.

Oh and if I hit it on the bottom it comes back somewhat stronger, but would go back to not vibrating after a while.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Crazy thing. Shake it and place it screen facing down and vibration is back to full force for a while. I wonder if the vibration motor got detached or something

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
i had the same problem..the Vibration does not work and sometimes if you shake the phone hard it starts working randomly...

i suggest you to give it to nokia care... they fixed mine by changing the vibrator on warranty...

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that did the trick. Gave it a good shake and vibration worked again. But after a short while it stopped and I had to give it another shake. Annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2