Lumia 920 on Black Amber - HERE Maps stops working

xboxnissan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After being trilled about updating and closing my applications using the X button on multi-tasking (finally!), I went into my Here Maps, or rather, I tried to open Here Maps, and it closed (probably an exception occurs and closes the app, just like when you develop WP apps).

So i've been searching the web.

Solutions that i've seen
1- Reset Phone (Done)
2- Soft Reset (Done)
3- Uninstall, Reinstall (Done)
4- Open while in Airplane/Removing SIM => still closes and crash
5- Uninstall Maps in Settings > Applications > Maps, I don't have Maps option (Even when I install/uninstall HERE Maps and/or HERE Drive+ and/or HERE Transit)
6- No updates available
7- Updated to latest version (I'm on black amber).

So after all that, i've been for 2 hours not able to solve my issue, which is (to recap):

Can't open HERE Maps on Lumia 920 (Black Amber), instantly crashes. I can still use Transit for getting my subway + bus infos, but can't use HERE Drive+ and Maps.

If there's anything more you need, please ask.

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you gave it a good go. Here's what I suggest.

First thing to try is to check your system apps to see if they need updating use this: SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

You can try this new Nokia Software Recovery tool, this should work. Be sure to read the OP: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

If that doesn't help you can try NSU, Nokia Software Updater. Go here to download it. (ignore the title of the thread you just want the software) and the tutorial on how to use the software.

Tutorial: How to fix the endless spinning gears/cogs bug (for Nokia Lumia users only)

You'll need a Windows 7 or 8 machine to use this software, a USB cord and a WiFi connection. This will completely wipe your phone and install a fresh firmware. Again be sure to backup.

Hopefully these help with your situation.

UzEE

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm this as a problem after installing Lumia Black on my 920.

Also, any app using the native maps control doesn't work anymore. They either flat out crash, are unusable or the map control is empty. I've tried Foursquare, Instagram, Twitter, Path and Facebook so far. Local Scout also doesn't work.

wp_ss_20140207_0001.png

wp_ss_20140207_0002.png

wp_ss_20140207_0003.png

wp_ss_20140207_0004.png

wp_ss_20140207_0005.png

Here Maps and Here Drive+ crash on launch. There are also no settings for maps under Settings > Applications. They were there before the Lumia Black update.

I've tried reseting the phone, reinstalling here maps, removing them and even changing the country and region settings, and pretty much everything else I can think of. My only guess is that Nokia has started remove Here Maps from phones in regions where maps aren't officially supported.

My phone is for the Pakistan market and Nokia doesn't have Here Maps here officially due to some government restrictions (Google Maps reign supreme here and Apple Maps are good as well) and have had very basic map info. Looks like the government might have asked Nokia to strip the mapping functionality from the device.

I'll try my friend's Lumia 925 tomorrow to see if its affecting other devices as well and will also try to create an app using the Maps control and see what happens.

xboxnissan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you gave it a good go. Here's what I suggest.

First thing to try is to check your system apps to see if they need updating use this: SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

You can try this new Nokia Software Recovery tool, this should work. Be sure to read the OP: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

If that doesn't help you can try NSU, Nokia Software Updater. Go here to download it. (ignore the title of the thread you just want the software) and the tutorial on how to use the software.

Tutorial: How to fix the endless spinning gears/cogs bug (for Nokia Lumia users only)

You'll need a Windows 7 or 8 machine to use this software, a USB cord and a WiFi connection. This will completely wipe your phone and install a fresh firmware. Again be sure to backup.

Hopefully these help with your situation.

Hi, thanks for answering,

But still, doesn't work. I don't have the map option in my Application :/

xboxnissan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is the real deal fix:

So I found out (for my specific case) that my product was from PK in the product ID.

So I found this:

...:: Download official Nokia firmware without Navifirm+ ::.. - GSM-Forum

Which tells what to download, excluding this file: usergroupsconfiguration - Download - 4shared
This is a config file (I dunno what else to say) that you must put in the folder described in step 2.

What I'd say for RM-821 users is to download the Europe Dev Version (059R4H6).

Follow the rest and it works flawless, I have maps! Woot!

Adeel Ali

May 9, 2014
Visit site
xboxnissan
This is the real deal fix:
So I found out (for my specific case) that my product was from PK in the product ID.
So I found this:
...:: Download official Nokia firmware without Navifirm+ ::.. - GSM-Forum
Which tells what to download, excluding this file: usergroupsconfiguration - Download - 4shared
This is a config file (I dunno what else to say) that you must put in the folder described in step 2.
What I'd say for RM-821 users is to download the Europe Dev Version (059R4H6).

I'm from Pakistan, and one of the first person who raised the voice for this issue.
Can you please help me to know will I be able to use 8.1 on my lumia 920 after this ... I want to use both 8.1 + here maps
and can you explain for me it is issue of pakistan region ROM ?? I suppose yes thats y you said use Europe Dev Version

please help me Thanks in advance!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo