WARRANTY policy: repair or replace?

fiedel

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Has any one got your phone replaced by nokia? Here is my experience.

I'd been struggling with my Lumia 920 for battery issue since I bought it the second day it became available @att. I tried reboot, reset, update firmware, but none of them helped. I turned to att service center. The guy checked it and told me it must have been caused by some malware so they loaded a clean firmware in. But it didn't help.

As a long-term nokia phone user, I believed nokia should be more dependable. I contacted nokia and sent it for repair. It didn't help. I contacted them again and they suggested me to send it for a second repair. I did, but it didn't help, or, to be more accurate, it got even worse. I contacted nokia and was told I should send it for the third time. I was told if the problem didn't get fixed in two times, the phone could be replaced. Since they were expierencing a web problem with the repair request submission functionality that even the agent could not get through, after three weeks I was able to send the phone to their repair center (because ). After one week I contacted nokia for the status of the process (because I didn't receive any information about the repair), I was told the phone was still being repaired. I was told the decision was made by the Nokia-trained technicians. I don't wanna be offensive, but the truth is everytime the phone came back from the repair center with a proof that it had been repaired and fully tested. Will they ever confirm a problem to be unrepairable and authorize a replacement?

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I got an L920 warranty replacement from AT&T due to a problem with random restarts that got progressively worse.

I suspect it's a refurbished unit but cosmetically it looks brand new, functions perfectly, and hasn't self-rebooted once.

When I have a problem, I always start with the carrier. It's worked well for me so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster