In a deep trouble with my 920

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I would like to start with the exact reason why all this started. Ok so, I had problems with my volume rocker button(+ key) it was doubling the volume numbers. Let me explain suppose I am on 20 and when I volume up it goes to 22. I went to Nokia care(Mumbai, India) and addressed the issue but they said its fine and I had to demo them the issue and after that they understood what I was saying. Let me tell you one more thing that I had previously visited the Nokia care with the same but they did not listen to me and said it is a software issue and an update will resolve it. Coming back to Nokia care(2nd visit) after sitting for 30 mins they said you will get it done in 5-6 working days. I specifically informed them not to delete my data and they accepted it. I called them after 6 days and this time they say your phone is shifted to the head-office as we do not have the required parts here. They did not inform me about this nor it is anywhere written in the job-sheet provided to me. The guy informed me that the phone will be here by 11th feb. I called again on 11th and the lady gives a weird reason for the delay is that Microsoft has taken over and that has caused the phones to deliver late. Today again I called them and the guy gives me the same reason as above for the delay and when forcing him to give me the estimation he says it's dispatched and will arrive soon and he also informs me that your handset is replaced and I am like wtf. How can they replace my phone without informing me? My data is gone I know I have my contacts applist backed up but a few things I will lose as I don't remember what I will lose guys please share your thoughts on this as what I will lose(my brain is not working). I am really not happy with how things are going right now after being without my phone for almost 20 days and counting this is by far the worst thing. I also fear how the next phone perform as my previous phone was really good with no issue apart from that volume rocker thing. Another thing to worry is the color I don't know will I get my red color back. Have any of you guys got a replacement phones? Please share your experiences here.

Thank you

update: I need to know if there is any way to download apps without my phone and when my phone gets back I reinstall them?

Last edited:

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If they are sending you a replacement, I would assume that they are sending the correct vairant, colour and all.

Since you are afraid of losing the data, you may may have a small chance of demanding the original phone back too, under the condition that you will send that one in after backing up the data you need from it.

But, it could be the case that they did a hard reset and your data is already gone, in which case there is no point in getting the old phone back. I would then make a formal written complaint to the Head of Customer Services in India.

I had a problem with my original 920 and the store I bought it from said I had to go to the manufacturer, Nokia had a very long-winded repair request service. I finally wrote an email directly to Steven Elop, and the next day I had the Head of Customer Services for Germany, Austria and Switzerland on the phone helping me get things sorted. I got a new phone and then had to send my old one back.

It may be worth looking on the upside that you will get a brand new phone? Not sure if that's much help, but it's all that I can think of.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
If they are sending you a replacement, I would assume that they are sending the correct vairant, colour and all.

Since you are afraid of losing the data, you may may have a small chance of demanding the original phone back too, under the condition that you will send that one in after backing up the data you need from it.

But, it could be the case that they did a hard reset and your data is already gone, in which case there is no point in getting the old phone back. I would then make a formal written complaint to the Head of Customer Services in India.

I had a problem with my original 920 and the store I bought it from said I had to go to the manufacturer, Nokia had a very long-winded repair request service. I finally wrote an email directly to Steven Elop, and the next day I had the Head of Customer Services for Germany, Austria and Switzerland on the phone helping me get things sorted. I got a new phone and then had to send my old one back.

It may be worth looking on the upside that you will get a brand new phone? Not sure if that's much help, but it's all that I can think of.

Are you sure they will send a new one? If I do not get my color I will definitely make a complaint against them.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Next time when you go to Nokia Care and they wish to keep it with them even for a few hours, ensure that you are giving it to them after backing up. Either go home backup and then give your phone or carry a laptop, or however.
My experience with the Nokia Care in Pondicherry was similar. My bro's 620 all of a sudden just died on him and would not start.
Nokia took 25 days to replace it. Everyday they kept giving me some excuse as they did for you.
We can't repair it here, so sent it to the head office. They couldn't repair it and they are giving you a new phone. Waited for over 15 days to get the new phone. The reason for the delay: Ohh, now the head office has been shifted from Delhi to Chennai, so it took a while.
And finally, I asked the Nokia Care guy (who was genuinely a nice person and talked very openly, even about the Nokia Care problems in India) if this new phone was a NEW one or a refurbished one. He checked the IMEI and said that it is a brand new one. In the case of the 620, we had to keep wish us the backpanel, battery and the sim tray. So only the raw handset was new.
Nokia Care sucks

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Next time when you go to Nokia Care and they wish to keep it with them even for a few hours, ensure that you are giving it to them after backing up. Either go home backup and then give your phone or carry a laptop, or however.
My experience with the Nokia Care in Pondicherry was similar. My bro's 620 all of a sudden just died on him and would not start.
Nokia took 25 days to replace it. Everyday they kept giving me some excuse as they did for you.
We can't repair it here, so sent it to the head office. They couldn't repair it and they are giving you a new phone. Waited for over 15 days to get the new phone. The reason for the delay: Ohh, now the head office has been shifted from Delhi to Chennai, so it took a while.
And finally, I asked the Nokia Care guy (who was genuinely a nice person and talked very openly, even about the Nokia Care problems in India) if this new phone was a NEW one or a refurbished one. He checked the IMEI and said that it is a brand new one. In the case of the 620, we had to keep wish us the backpanel, battery and the sim tray. So only the raw handset was new.
Nokia Care sucks

Thank you for your feedback and yeah Nokia care sucks now they do not have good informative staff and this wasn't the case a few years ago though. Actually I would have backed it up if I was aware of the situation as they told me that it will be in house repair and my jobsheet also mentions it. Anyways my important things are backedup like contacts, applist, photos as these were synced. As for the games saves I won't have been able to take backup anyways. Music is question here and need to ask you guys can I get a list of music downloaded from Nokia music? I had downloaded everything from Nokia music. Also help me with apps question can I download the apps without my phone?

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the music bit, whether or not you can get your music list.
Nope, you cannot download an app without a phone. Not possible as of yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss