Rogers Black update for Lumia 920 coming today

deathdealer35

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
im running the 920 rogers on tmobile with the apn access (not really fussed about sharing)
has anyone run into issues sending and receiving mms im not able to send or receive. I did not want to do a hard reset if I can avoid it

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday and everything is fine here.

After lots of tests, the update even fixed the pictures post-processing bugs! Well, for me anyways... My pics are coming out perfectly now! :smile:

Battery drains a lot faster though!!! (Was at 2% before and now is at 6%) :cry: .... Hopefully the 8.1 update will fix this.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
im running the 920 rogers on tmobile with the apn access (not really fussed about sharing)
has anyone run into issues sending and receiving mms im not able to send or receive. I did not want to do a hard reset if I can avoid it

If you haven't, install Nokia Access Point. If you have it already installed (I can't tell from your post when you say "apn access") then you will probably have to run Access Point again. Whenever I update, it seems to switch back to it's default settings. Running Access Point again loads up the proper network settings for you, and you should be fine.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..interesting..I am using an unlocked version on T-Mobile US and it looks like Internet Sharing now works with Access Point on T-Mobile

May be I spoke too early, after I opened Access Point I lost my Internet Sharing on T-Mobile. I had to do the foreign SIM trick and uninstall Access Point to get it back, everything works now!

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
After installing black,
a. internet sharing won't work.
b. PC Remote Pro app on my N920 won't connect to my home PC anymore when using my phone's mobile internet. (prior to black this app worked flawlessly)
I'm really disappointed. Is there a way of reversing this OS update? anyone?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
In the Access Point app, you have to create a fake APN, enable it, get out of the app then go back and enable your carrier APN.

After doing all that you'll notice the internet sharing working again.

Sent from my NOKIA LUMIA 920 using Tapatalk

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Rogers were very quick in getting the Amber update out. Wonder why black update was delayed by them for so long. Even AT&T beat them this time!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
In the Access Point app, you have to create a fake APN, enable it, get out of the app then go back and enable your carrier APN.

After doing all that you'll notice the internet sharing working again.

Sent from my NOKIA LUMIA 920 using Tapatalk
Have yoiu tried this on a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos