Glance screen moving around after update?

trophaeum

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
After the recent update, I noticed the glance screen is moving around. It'll start off showing the time and notifications at the bottom of the screen, but after some time it will move around to the middle and top of the screen seemingly randomly. It only started happening after the update. Is anyone else seeing this?

My settings are:
Glance screen = always on
Glance screen info = off
Night mode = off

trophaeum

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I never noticed it before the update. Maybe mine was broken and the update fixed it. I do prefer that it would stay in one place though.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think they do that on to prevent burn-in / image retention. I guess that's more important on amoled than on LCD.

I do think that in the past it didn't move quite as far up. Just recently I noticed the glance info way up on the screen, which I don't recall seeing before.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My glance info still doesnt move on my 1320....what is the latest update you are talking about ?when did you get it ??

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I never noticed it before the update. Maybe mine was broken and the update fixed it. I do prefer that it would stay in one place though.
Since you have it set to"Always on", yes it's kinda like a screen saver to prevent burn in. I have mine on "Peek" and when I plug it in to charge, it stays on all the time and moves around like yours.

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It has always been like that. It is to prevent screen burn in. That is also why only half of the rows of pixels are turned on for glance background. If you watch closely the rows alternate on an interval.

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's been moving for mine ever since I got it. It only happens though when the phone is plugged in since it's on all the time. Like someone said before, it's to prevent screen burn in and such.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This isn't new, a lot of phones not just Nokias have this feature where the glance moves around once in a while. I think someone did say its to prevent burn in. It has been around for years.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
is there any difference between glance screen info off and notifications? I don't see any difference.

The difference is that you can have your lock screen notifications on your Glance screen, as opposed to only having the time. Is that what you're asking? For instance, along with the time you can have your text messages show on your Glance screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers