Shutter Speed problem

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The longer you leave the shutter open, the more light enters. Thus it becomes too bright.
Usual DSLR's can close the aperture (higher f-stops for long exposure) but the phone's aperture is fixed.
To set the fastest (shortest) exposure for a certain lighting, set the ISO to 100 and let the app calculate the shutter speed.
To achieve such a picture probably you need something longer that 1/8 sec...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You're making the shutter speed too long. If you use a long shutter speed in sunlight it will always come out white like that. Try lowering it incrementally until the picture actually comes out. You want to set it as long as possible without blowing out the picture. Just play with it and you should be able to figure it out.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to find the sweet spot. I don't live near water, so I haven't ever taken a picture like this with my Lumia, but this guy managed to get it with a 1/3 shutter speed (scroll down to picture 7): http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...20-wow-im-impressed-few-samples-inside-=.html. He has a 1020 though, which has a different sensor, and his lighting conditions might also be different than what you're dealing with. Like I said, you'll just have to play around with it. Try playing with the ISO, and not just the shutter speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon