A lot of problems since 3 days - Applications' sync

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
since 3 days I'm having a lot of problems with my phone's applications..
1) Hotmail has problem with synchronization.
2) Facebook closes itself immediately when I attempt to make a Log-in.
3) Whatsapp has problems with the notifications.

What's going on ?? :straight:

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Came on these forums to see what's up. My Facebook app refuses to load anything. Including the Facebook integrated experience. I have to use the web browser to do anything regarding facebook

Ed Bradburn

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm just about to post a thread on Hotmail / Calendar. I no longer have proper syncing between PC -> Hotmail -> Phone.

If this continues, then I'll be getting an Android phone, I have zero patience with mandatory cloud-based syncing that doesn't work. Or does anyone else know a way of syncing calendars between phone and PC (the calendar is immaterial, I don't care whether it's Google, Outlook.com or whatever, it just needs to work).

Cheers,

Ed

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm just about to post a thread on Hotmail / Calendar. I no longer have proper syncing between PC -> Hotmail -> Phone.

If this continues, then I'll be getting an Android phone, I have zero patience with mandatory cloud-based syncing that doesn't work. Or does anyone else know a way of syncing calendars between phone and PC (the calendar is immaterial, I don't care whether it's Google, Outlook.com or whatever, it just needs to work).

Cheers,

Ed

Cmon, these problems are quite frustrating... but to get a Lagdroid, in my opinion, it's excessive ;)

Switchfoot3r

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any problem except that Facebook closes itself. I have a Lumia 520 running Lumia Black update and my sister has a Lumia 720 running Amber. We both are having this problem with the official Facebook app. It started last night. The integrated Facebook features work fine, but the app is just refusing to do its thing.

Ed Bradburn

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, yes and no. I could care less who makes the phone, it should just work. Problem is: Windows Phone has no other options than Hotmail/Outlook.com for Outlook sync (that I'm aware of) so if I have no other option, the platform's useless to me.

What has just occurred to me is that I might be able to get the Outlook.com calendar directly integrated into Outlook (i.e. with edit rights). That would probably solve the problem.

Cheers,

Ed

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I think their server has a problem with today's date for the FACEBOOK app. changing the phone’s region settings to "United States (English)” seems to resolve the issue.

And tomorrow March 2nd, go back to your previous settings...

TheJokerLaugh

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here with Facebook. It was working fine until yesterday. Now everytime I want to open the app it closed itself in less then 4 seconds so I can't do anything. Our Facebook app is so beyond the other apps for IOS or Android. I hope they solve this ASAP.

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, yes and no. I could care less who makes the phone, it should just work. Problem is: Windows Phone has no other options than Hotmail/Outlook.com for Outlook sync (that I'm aware of) so if I have no other option, the platform's useless to me.

What has just occurred to me is that I might be able to get the Outlook.com calendar directly integrated into Outlook (i.e. with edit rights). That would probably solve the problem.

Cheers,

Ed

I sent you a pm about calendars :)

Switchfoot3r

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Is Facebook working for anyone yet? It's been at least 40 hours since the official app stopped working for my sister's L720 (Amber update) and my L520 (Black update) at the same time. It crashes as soon as it launches. We're in Chile but we have our region set to be the U. S.

Can anyone help us, please?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Is Facebook working for anyone yet? It's been at least 40 hours since the official app stopped working for my sister's L720 (Amber update) and my L520 (Black update) at the same time. It crashes as soon as it launches. We're in Chile but we have our region set to be the U. S.

Can anyone help us, please?

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it again?

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
ok, guys, I have found the solution regarding the Facebook's application
This works for who doesn't live in the U.S.
You just have to go to Settings> Language+region > Regional format (United States (English)) and then restart the phone.

Switchfoot3r

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we did uninstall the app. I cleaned temporary files just in case and I even performed a soft reset on both phones. None of that helped.
However, changing regional format to United States (English) as suggested by Claudio fixed the problem. Nonetheless, even though it doesn't bother me since I use my phone in English all the time, it does frustrate my sister since she only speaks Spanish. I know it's a small change since it only affects time, date and price formats, but as small as it may be of a change, it shouldn't happen at all. Why does someone who doesn't speak English have to bear this kind of annoyances just to be able to use Facebook?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
That is odd - the app listing for Facebook shows Spanish as a supported language. Maybe you need to download the app from the respective regional store... but I'm guessing.

Switchfoot3r

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That is odd - the app listing for Facebook shows Spanish as a supported language. Maybe you need to download the app from the respective regional store... but I'm guessing.

Facebook does support Spanish, but that doesn't have anything to do with the problem. The app works using your default language regardless of where you downloaded it from (what your region is set on). For example, my sister's default language is Spanish and her region is set on United States, but her Facebook app always worked in Spanish... And I repeat, it worked just fine and so did mine. But then, Friday night it stopped working for both of us at the same time. As you can see, the same thing happened to many people around the world and it only gets fixed setting your regional format on United States (English). It is clearly a problem coming from Facebook since it was working fine and then it didn't work anymore. Microsoft needs to fix this bug on the app NOW!

Vanezzable

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
since 3 days I'm having a lot of problems with my phone's applications..
1) Hotmail has problem with synchronization.
2) Facebook closes itself immediately when I attempt to make a Log-in.
3) Whatsapp has problems with the notifications.

What's going on ?? :straight:

1) Let me guess, error 85002012 and/or 86000C0A? It's three days I have exactly the same problem with Outlook.com on both Windows Phone and Windows 8.1
2) Same thing, that is a problema regarding mostly we Italian people, but I've heard other states have the same problem.
3) That's probably related to the 1), I've noticed that when my Outlook account starts having sync problems, all the other background tasks stop working... Idk what the hell is happening here, I just want a fix asap, I need my Outlook account...

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Facebook does support Spanish, but that doesn't have anything to do with the problem. The app works using your default language regardless of where you downloaded it from (what your region is set on). For example, my sister's default language is Spanish and her region is set on United States, but her Facebook app always worked in Spanish... And I repeat, it worked just fine and so did mine. But then, Friday night it stopped working for both of us at the same time. As you can see, the same thing happened to many people around the world and it only gets fixed setting your regional format on United States (English). It is clearly a problem coming from Facebook since it was working fine and then it didn't work anymore. Microsoft needs to fix this bug on the app NOW!

I totally agree with you.
Anyway .... Today the app doesn't work -.-"

This must be something related to the incoming "facebook messenger" app..

Switchfoot3r

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still working fine after changing the regional format. I agree with you, they must be experimenting with the platform due to the upcoming Facebook Messenger app. They should have warned us this would happen, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes