Rogers 920 Internet Sharing on TMobile

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I bought an unlocked Rogers CA Nokia 920.3 device with pentaband support for use on the T-Mobile network. I entered the APN settings for MMS and internet manually and everything works fine except the internet sharing only works some of the time and other times I get the error "There's no cellular data connection to share right now" even if there is cellular availability. The internet on the phone is fully functional, just not the sharing. I have an unlimited plan with tethering on T-Mobile and should not be having this problem.

I have so far tried the spanish keyboard trick and the foreign SIM configuration trick and they work some of the time but only temporarily. I have tried installing access point which ends up taking me to T-Mobiles website to add tethering (even though I already have it), so that does not work.

Long story short, the access point application does not set up the phone for proper tethering on T-Mobile and the stock unlocked Rogers ROM does not work consistently. AP needs to be updated and fixed or some other setting somewhere else in the phone is awry. Is there another ROM I can use and keep pentaband support with tethering? Please advise.

The one thing that does seem to work rather consistently is kicking the phone down into 3G, starting the tether, and then switching beck to LTE. It will not start a connection on LTE 95% of the time.

Feel free to bump my thread on the Nokia forum as its really something they will likely need to solve with a new update to Access Point.

Re: Rogers 920 on T-Mobile Tethering Not Working - Nokia Support Discussions

Specs:

Lumia Black
Firmware: 3051.40000.1347.1001
Hardware: 6.0.0.1
Radio Software: 1.0.202158.3
Chip SOC: 8960

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member