Car air vent holder

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

Does anyone use a car mount/holder that uses the air vents. I'd rather have one of these then a windscreen mount, but a lot of them appear pretty poor in quality so thought I'd ask the forums for their thoughts - so has anyone got one of these that they can suggest?

Thanks.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

Does anyone use a car mount/holder that uses the air vents. I'd rather have one of these then a windscreen mount, but a lot of them appear pretty poor in quality so thought I'd ask the forums for their thoughts - so has anyone got one of these that they can suggest?

Thanks.

Hell no. Especially when you have the heating on in the car!

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hell no. Especially when you have the heating on in the car!

So? Disable that particular vent then, that's what I do :D

Plus, are you guys really heating your car that much? Mine is set to 22?C, even in winter. Surely, such a mild temperature should not cause any harm to either the holder nor the device itself. My phone probably receives more body heat when it's in my pants. Unless, of course, you're using your car vents as an oven outlet.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
A sweltering 22?C? I find 15?C is much more comfortable. As said just turn off air flow to the vent being used (may need to change the overall setting to feet and windscreen say if the vent does not have an its own control).

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the price of the valuable phone it will be used with? And will still be useful with your next phone and the one after that ...

You may not seem to get much for your money compared to all the other bulky, fiddly, lots-to-go-wrong alternatives but the value is in the quality of the design, materials used and construction. It is surely a design award candidate if ever I saw one.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to those air vent holders and suction cup holders, and I found this rear view mirror to be useful. HandiBot phone holder:
WP_002806_zpseb479839.jpg
WP_002805_zps51c392d0.jpg
$5 @ Walmart...

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Which would be illegal to use in the UK as it probably is in many other countries as it blocks the driver's view within the swept area of the windscreen.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
To those who are using Brodit, is the adhesive easy to remove? Also are you using the vent mount or the cup holder mount?
Also what's the difference between a passive holder and the active holder?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans