What the hell is eating my memory!?

Rewovener

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, still really enjoying my 920 after more than a year's use...

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that my memory is draining away in an alarming manner. Now almost every day my memory seems to be gone (ie down to 6-700kb!) and I have to delete more photos etc. I now have virtually nothing on the phone and I'm wondering which app is responsible.

MyTube is the thing I use every day, and I do notice that after use memory is down by a hundred mb or so...I really don't want to go into hard reset territory though I will if I have to. I am aware of the "other storage" issue etc.

The other thing I did last week was to try and sync my yahoo mail to all messages rather than from the last month (was trying to access something important from 2 months back). I am wondering if this is the issue but I had set it back to only sync the last month's emails and I'm still getting the memory drain....

So really I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to stop this other than the hard reset. As I say, this has only been an issue in the past couple of weeks- but a damn annoying one. There's better be no "other storage" type issues with 8.1....or I may be forced away from WP (I'd hate that, because I really like it!)

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. :)

TSR_MAV3R1K

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
You know man, the same thing is going on with my Lumia 720 as well ! My phone memory literally went down to 0 Kb ! I suffered for a week or so with this problem, and after finding no solution anywhere i did a reset ! Although after that I haven't seen anything like that happening again on my phone, but i'm really curious about how the hell did it happen ?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Go to SETTINGS, swipe down to STORAGE CHECK (If you don't have it installed, you can install it from here...) NOT PHONE STORAGE....

Then, swipe left to DETAILS and click on details.

Now check what app is eating your memory...

Rewovener

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I realised upon looking at Storage Check that a while ago I had started Shrink Storage and forgotten about it as it was taking so long.... nearly 3gb ready to be dumped!!
Mind you, "other storage" is a ridiculous 16gb....:( Just never seem to have the time for a hard reset. At least I can breathe and use the phone again! :)

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Its due to you watching youtube videos with an app. My mom has an Lumia 920 and I used it to watch YouTube videos using 3rd party apps and Microsoft's awesome official app back when it worked and it filled up the other storage fast. This does not happen if you watch YouTube via the web browser. The only way to fix it is a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos