Lumia 920 Sim Missing issue

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, paid off my final bill with AT&T and got an unlock code for the Lumia 920 that I had on the AT&T network.

Followed all the steps, entered in my T-Mobile Sim, the message prompted to enter the unlock code which was accepted, restarted the phone, and everything seemed to be working just fine. Since I had no plans of keeping the phone I did a full reset to clear out all of my information since I had a friend at work who was interested in purchasing the phone. That worked fine, the screen came back up to the "Welcome to your Windows Phone, press the button below to get started". I took my sim out so it was empty and the phone was ready to go. My friend received the phone and had her daughter put her sim card in it and it is now saying "Sim Missing or Invalid" :eck:.

My friend is going in tonight to the AT&T store as they are adding people to their family plan so I am hoping the problem will get fixed there. If not, I am back at square one.

Any ideas on what is going on? Did I do something wrong in the process above?

Thank you for any help.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The phone was brought to the AT&T store and the problem was solved by them. Apparently they did something incorrect when they put the SIM in the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb