New 920 Owner - Outbox questions...

tsantsa31

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm a new 920 owner after my personally imposed 'trial' period with the 520. I'm loving WP8! BUT, there have been hiccups with the 920 that I didn't have with the 520.

First, I kept getting the dreaded 'cannot connect' with my Microsoft profile. I tried all the tricks I found online: changing the time, auto time ON and OFF, updating, resetting and NOTHING would work. Then it dawned on me. I live in the Chicago area and we just had the daylight savings time start. I manually changed the time by an hour and it worked! It connected and started syncing. I left it alone for the night and checked it in the morning and it had a sync error. I put the time back on auto and it worked again. The phone has been fine pretty much since then...

EXCEPT I can't get my gmail and yahoo emails to work...they WERE working but then stopped suddenly. BTW, it works on WiFi from what I can tell but not on data. It is giving me the 80072F30 error.

Also, I'm on Straight Talk and used these settings: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-lumia-920-apn-settings-straight-talk.html

EVERYthing else works (so far) with these data setting except those 2 email addresses. Is this error maybe still due to the daylight savings time issue I had?

Any help provided will be truly honored with a raise of my glass and a swig of cold cold beer!

tsantsa31

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So today, I erased and re-added Gmail and Yahoo. All works well suddenly. All I can think of is there was some background update happening that was stopping the data from working...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb