Earphones (+mic/ volume) working with Nokia's

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
For quite a while, I've been searching for good (non in-ear) earphones which function with my L920 which also include a mic and possibly volume control. I'm so annoyed by the ones that came with my L800 amnd, the sound quality is kind of bad - I am used to good ones, like Sennheissers or Philips SHE/ SHH 4507, but they don't offer a mic working with WP's.

I found these available in my country, the WH-601:
Nokia WH-601 3.5mm Stereo Headset - Original OEM

Does anyone know how these sound and if they function with a L920? Or does someone have a better tip? To be clear: I don't want in-ears, I want those that are flat (though I don't mind a small cushion which the 4507 series had). Any help or advice is appreciated!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You can also look at Blackberry earphones. They work with WindowsPhones. Several styles are available.
Don't get anything that says it is for an iOS product.

Jakob Deleuran

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
a-Jays Jays five Windows edition. I know it is in-ear but the audio quality is soooo amazing, cant describe it! And it has an fully functional mic with volume up/down, play/pause and so on ;)

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
a-Jays Jays five Windows edition. I know it is in-ear but the audio quality is soooo amazing, cant describe it! And it has an fully functional mic with volume up/down, play/pause and so on ;)

Agreed. I had previously been using the Nokia Purity Pro in-ears, and got a pair of the a-Jays Fives for Xmas. Great sounding, transparent and natural, with very good (not overly-extended) bass and clear mids and highs.

My first pair however did have to be replaced as the controls didn't work. The reseller exchanged them no questions asked. The new pair has worked fine.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips - finding in-ears for Windows Phone is easier, as indeed, I could for Nokia's stuff and the OEM's. However, in-ear is a very invasive and annoying type of earphones. But I'll take them into consideration anyway!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon