Camera calibration?

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
For some time now it seems like the quality of pictures and videos taken with my 920 has been degrading increasingly, it all keeps coming out grainy, and low light is pretty bad now.

Is there a way to calibrate the camera? Or should I just wait until my contract is up for renewal and get a new Lumia?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
For some time now it seems like the quality of pictures and videos taken with my 920 has been degrading increasingly, it all keeps coming out grainy, and low light is pretty bad now.

Is there a way to calibrate the camera? Or should I just wait until my contract is up for renewal and get a new Lumia?

In which cameraapp is this? If in the Nokia Camera app, try not to have it on auto if you can - night mode is suited better for low-light however not as well as manual adjustments. Ideally you'd use auto and set a lower ISO value; the brief explanation is that by increasing ISO you increase the sensitivity of the camera sensor and thus noise. If you decrease ISO you decrease the sensitivity of the sensor, however the phone will attempt to compensate by making the shutter longer - which can result in blurry photos. However 920 users have been complaining that subsequent updates have reduced the effectiveness of the post-processing in photos.

If this doesn't help, do post your photos in the thread for other users to comment on - personally I know the 920 has better low-light abilities than my 1020 so it might be better for others to see what you are talking about :D

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to post examples later, but I have been using the same settings I did last year, and pictures are definitely more grainy now, even during the day outdoors. The video is the most clear example though. I go to shows at clubs quite often, and everybody was always jealous of the quality of my videos, considering the flashing lights and loud sound, now the video gets easily blurry when trying to handle lights and it looks quite plain, and as you know there's not many settings to play with for video, which I've already checked and haven't changed.
I'm starting to think it's just gotten old or perhaps the lens is worn since I have never used a cover for the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos