2G is slow, 3G sucks battery n phone gets hot.. Solution??

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Heyy guys, I'm rocking a red 920. Cool phone but my battery sucks and phone gets hot. If I put my phone on 2G mode phone doesn't get hot much and i get battery life of 1 day with moderate use. When I switch to 3G mode, my phone gets hot even if I open light light websites or any app for ex. skinnery themes. I used to think it was because of poor reception, because I'd get 3 bars in 3G mode where I used to live previously. But now I got shifted and here I get full 5 bars and sometimes only it drops to 4 bars. Still my phone gets hot in 3G mode. Only the thing I can do is use 2G, but on 2G no apps work properly like Facebook or it's messenger or this WPCentral app. I don't know how they work great on Android with same sim and same coverage in 2G. I just can't seem to find a way out of this situation?? Did i make a mistake purchasing WP8??

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's all upto you if you like windows phone 8 devices by Nokia or no , so ask your self did you made any mistake ;)
3G uses more battery as the radio signals are much stronger , it's very common on all other platform , galalxy s4 becomes oven when turned on 3G while calling or surfing web. There is no proper solution , just try to use wifi if missile as wifi chipset is more battery efficient and it will save cost , much cheaper :

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb