Advice on roms for ATT Lumia 920 to be used with Telus in Canada

greenbluekidz

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an ATT Lumia 920 Red from eBay. I'm in the process of getting it unlocked and I will be using it on Telus here in Canada.

I would prefer to have the phone debranded but unsure if it is worth it with this phone. I still want to be able to use Internet Teathering and still be in line for recent updates. I know that ATT is not known for such things.

Does anyone have any opinions?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is interesting because us folks in the US love getting the Rogers Pentaband 920 if it has been unlocked. Also I have seen ATT folks running the Rogers ROM on their 920 so that they can get updates.

greenbluekidz

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When I did some research on the phone, I assumed the Rogers and ATT versions were the same. I didn't realize that ATT disabled the pentaband. It,doesn't really matter now as Telus uses the,same bands as Rogers. I'll still get LTE. Plus the phone was a steal at less than $100 and a nice flashy red 😉. I plan on upgrading to the 1520 in the near future.

The French rom, it changes the phone from RM-820 to RM-821 correct? I'm not sure I want lose LTE for the sake of u branding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire