Opinions-Is Nokia 930 a worthy successor to the Lumia 920

Mirtul

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the camera much so the improved camera is not important to me. The 920 is fast enough, I'd love faster and I would pay for it but not majorly important.
The motion core looks interesting.
Missing glance screen is a big no no. I use it every day.
I think the design looks boring and the phone looks less comfortable. I think screen size is too big to reach everywhere using one hand as you hold it in the same hand.
All in all I have to skip this one. The 920 is better where it matters more: Design, Comfort and Glance Screen.
Seeing where Nokia is heading with huge phones and with their old lead designer away I am thinking of buying an extra 920 while I still can get hold of one in case my current one breaks.
I feel less and less hope with each new phone that Nokia will release a phone that appeals to me again.

Nijaz Turdaliev

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I love my yellow Lumia 920, and I waited for a worthy successor, but held the presentation left a strange feeling. I remember that feeling when just announced Lumia 920. It was a breakthrough. And what was presented on April 2, just a smaller copy Lumia 1520 and also without the support slot MicroSD. Other design, there is no continuity, the color orange I was not impressed, I would like the same yellow color. Why the new Lumia has a camera with an aperture of 2.4, when the predecessor has an aperture of 2.0?
But in general, get a decent smartphone, and maybe I'll buy it as soon as it appears here in Russia. (I apologize for my English, I use Google translator.)

jeres88

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The 930 is everything I want in a 920 successor. Well, everything except availability. I want it to release in the US (with Qi built in before someone points to the Icon).

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
A 5 inch L1520 would have been a worthy successor. 1520 currently support pretty much everything that WP is capable of, where as the 930/Icon has some things omitted. I have no idea why they didn't just make a smaller 1520.

MooneyD92

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a really nice looking phone! Metal edge's with colour back, a bit like the L925. I would swap it for my 1020 if it either had more storage or microSD but I'd probably still get it if I had the chance.

paragoneer

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I just wish Nokia would release a fabula-design phone similar to the 920, as an 8.1 successor to the 920. I'm not a fan of the aluminium side and coloured back of the 930.

andrewb65

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Lack of SD card slot with a phone only packing 32GB of storage is a deal breaker for me. Not everyone can afford a data package where the habitual use of cloud storage becomes ubiquitous. Lack of Glance is foolish. Whoever specified this phone was not designing it as an upgrade for existing 920 users; no, it is a replacement for the would-be future buyers of a 920 type phone i.e. faster, thinner, lighter therefore more desirable on a spec sheet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven