Lumia 920 with Rogers on Fido works but not really??

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused by this. I had an HTC 8X before and it worked perfectly fine when I inserted my sim card, with PERFECT reception everywhere. Almost never fluctuated nor dropped. Now since my 8X died, I decided to go with the 920, and the fluctuation is ridiculous! As we speak I have no reception in my own room next to a window..... I want to know if this is because I didn't unlock the phone; but then why would the HTC 8X work perfectly fine then? :( Please help

I am on contract with Fido, and this is a Rogers phone, so they have pretty much the same frequencies, so I've heard, and seen.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Fido is owned by Rogers, so yeah they're on the exact same network. Theoretically performance should be identical, all things being equal.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. The phone is locked to Rogers, then? Are you sure your 8X was also locked?

For SURE it was locked, i saw and it worked beautifully with my fido micro simcard, but this Lumia isn't... Is it hardware problem that I was reading up on, or probably because it isn't unlocked?

Fido is owned by Rogers, so yeah they're on the exact same network. Theoretically performance should be identical, all things being equal.

okay so then it's most likely a hardware problem ur saying? Or is it worth trying to unlock it :S

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Locked or unlocked shouldn't make any difference because its branded to work on the Rogers/Fido shared network, so yes, without knowing any other details I'd venture to say it's most likely a hardware issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes