Flash stopped working

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago the flash on my 920 stopped working. I thought it was just my flashlight app being wonky and figured out world sorry itself out when I rebooted. Since then I have done the 8.1 upgrade and it still doesn't work. Not only does it not work in any flashlight app, it doesn't work in the camera either.

Sorry of a hard reset which I don't want to do for fear I will have to at everything up from scratch again, does anyone have any suggestions? This phone hangs with the endless gears when I reset it. I have to use the Nokia software to reflash it to get out of it (so no way to restore the 8 1 backup).

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I share your pain. The flash on my 920 has been having problems for months. It will work at times and not at others. When it doesn't work, it malfunctions in both flashlight apps and in the camera. If I restart the phone, that will fix it for a little while, but it definitely spends more time not working than it spends working. Unfortunately, I have no fix for you. I have installed several updates since the issue began (including 8.1 on Monday), and nothing has cured it. Even though it works sometimes, I am leaning toward this being a hardware issue, but I just don't know. Sorry I can't be of more help.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. That might be it, although I just tried the flashlight and it didn't work and pressing around the area didn't do the trick. I'm hesitant to open the phone because it might void the warranty. I might try to get a warranty switch from AT&T. I have the front camera dust issue too, so could fix two things with one exchange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo