Who still loves their L920??

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
With all the newer WP8 devices out there (and they all are impressive in their own ways) who still loves their Nokia Lumia 920? I for one love mine even though I've had a few issues, its still probably my favorite phone I've ever owned. I would like to jump up to the 1520 but its still pricy. With the new 8.1 update this thing feels like a new phone and I find myself playing with it like I just bought it yesterday. So who else still thinks the 920 is a great phone?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am still quite content with it, but I wouldn't say I'm not looking over the fence at the greener grass. If AT&T didn't have their new plans that save you a ton of money by keeping your old phone, I'd be ALLLLL about clamoring to get something newer and greater. But I am happy with my L920 enough that I hope it can last me ~3 years...pocket some extra cash the whole time :) I plan to ride the L920 until it EOL's with Microsoft.

EDIT: I don't really see a poll option that fits my "It's ok but I'm still going to hold onto it for a while" :cool:

Last edited:

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I still LOVE my 920. I still think the display is amazing! AND its not so heavy anymore. I remember the first day I got it, it was so damn heavy I thought my arm was gonna fall off. Now I don't even feel the weight anymore. :)

Last edited:

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I still like my 920 and it saves me money the longer I use it. All things being equal, I'd rather upgrade to the 1520 but all good things in due time.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I still LOVE my 920. The still think the display is amazing! AND its not so heavy anymore. I remember the first day I got it, it was so damn heavy I thought my arm was gonna fall off. Now I don't even feel the weight anymore. :)

My right arm is BIGGER than my left now... I like my 920, :D

Do you even lift bros :p jk. It certainly has a bit of heft but I didn't think it was too unwieldly. I guess I felt that way because I owned a N900. Now that was a pretty heavy phone.

I still love my 920 though. Does what I need and does it well enough. The 930 is tempting but not completely sold on it.

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've loved my 920! Been a beast of a phone that has survived numerous drops and submersion(accidental) for ~3seconds.. The FF camera filling with dust in the first month and becoming useless and the fact that I've taken apart the phone twice to fix the failing led flash contacts have been my only troubles which have probably been ironed out by nokia by now.. I wants the 1520 but patience hopefully will win this battle and pay off when they announce the new flagships.

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you even lift bros :p jk. It certainly has a bit of heft but I didn't think it was too unwieldly. I guess I felt that way because I owned a N900. Now that was a pretty heavy phone.

I still love my 920 though. Does what I need and does it well enough. The 930 is tempting but not completely sold on it.

Lol I don't lift at all. My previous phone was a BlackBerry and its weight is 104g (3.67oz). Now from 104g to 185g is a bit of an adjustment.

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I still love my 920 but I'm also looking for a replacement soon. I have the 8.1 preview installed and everything is working great. Feels like a new phone so I'll hold on to it for now.

The 1520 looks great but it's way too big. The 930 could have been the one but no glance and no 41mp camera so no, not enough changes to make me switch. So far, there's nothing on the horizon at Nokia that would force me to change my phone. I'll keep my 920 until it dies.

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I like my Lumia 920, I bought it 2 weeks ago but I'm considering getting the 930....

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I still love mine, although my 925 has been my daily driver since I got it at the end of February. But if anything should happen to my 925, the 920 is my immediate backup.

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I updated to wp 8.1 and it's like a new phone: new toy, same as you, hehe
My only issue is erratic battery behavior I had in the past, sometimes dropping very fast, sometimes lasts for a long time... I will see if wp 8.1 helps to improve this issue.
However, seems I will use it for a long time yet.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I do!!!!

kinda upset with the battery life when I use it over 3G or 4G.
bettery percentage drops so fast.
But the battery is exceptional if i am not using data conection!

I still love it though... Only 930 can replace it IMHO. ;)
I'll wait for it to be available in the Philippines.

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
You live in a country without the 925 or you buy it used or something?

I bought it used for 100? in a perfect condition and I wanted the wireless charging. I use it as a second device and I'm quite impressed with the wp 8.1. That's why I'm thinking to buy the 930.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I still LOVE my 920. I still think the display is amazing! AND its not so heavy anymore. I remember the first day I got it, it was so damn heavy I thought my arm was gonna fall off. Now I don't even feel the weight anymore. :)
i absolutely agree with you here. in the past few months i've been able to test for a week each of these - s4, moto x, nexus 5, xperia z1c - and the 920 display, in my opinion, wipes the floor with each of them. just founnd the clarity, sharpness and contrast much better on the 920. and being able to tweak the lumia colour profile to my liking really is the icing.

wp_ss_20140418_0001.png

i also love the ie browser on the 920. just feels much 'cleaner' than chrome or the other android browser apps. looking forward to seeing what the 8.1 update brings..

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well i was eyeing for a 930 but lack of glance on it and pure awesomeness of 8.1 on the 920 has stopped me to think about it..and i am absolutely loving the flow keyboard

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
still love my 920. can't live without. with 8.1 update i fell in love with again. it's strong, reliable just like a friend. every time i hold it i just think to myself: "how i love this beast"... it's just beautiful, just almost like my wife( in case she reads this...) thanks 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786