Noises coming from top of the phone.

Kznight

May 7, 2014
Visit site
So about 6 months ago i got my brand new lumia 920 with a contract. Just recently i dropped my phone from 20 cm from the ground and when i was putting my phone back in my pocket, i noticed that the top corner of the screen started making a cracking noise. It goes from the sim card slot to the end of the top corner of the phone. How do I fix this? Is this harmful to the phone ?:unhappysweat: Thanks in advance

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Boy, that must have been the perfect drop. Hit it just right, and sounds like the seem which is formed may have cracked. Yes, I would say this is a problem. Even if you baby it, over time it will work free or expand like any other damaged or cracked housing. If it threatens the SIM tray, you may even start dropping your network connection.

I would open a chat to the Nokia help line. I would provide a link, but from your use of the "cm" instead of inches, I am guessing you are not here in the States so it would be useless. Or if you have a cell phone repair shop in your area, you may want to take it in just to get it looked at. I wouldn't play around with it.

Kznight

May 7, 2014
Visit site

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Again, Kznight, you are asking questions that can't be answered without actually opening the phone up to see. I strongly suggest you take it in, unless you are comfortable doing this yourself. It could be the housing, or one of another 3-5 things realted to it. Do you have a cell phone repair shop close by? This is not something I would feel comfortable advising you in over the forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon