Lumia Cyan doesn't solve postprocessing camera bug (greenish-yellowish-smooth photos)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Great news,
yesterday I tested a 1520 (with Lumia Black and WP8) and also e 630 (with Lumia Cyan and WP8.1): I compared more photos and I can confirm what I write in the title.

Goooooood :))))))))))

Please Nokia-Microsoft, speeds up the release of this great firmware

NEW AUGUST 2014 UPDATE : for old Lumia Device (720,920,1020,...) doesn't solve the postprocessing issue :-((((

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia Cyan solves postprocessing camera bug (greenish-yellowish-smooth photos)

Hey I remembered you , lumia 920 post processing bug thread hehe glad they fixed post processing.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia Cyan solves postprocessing camera bug (greenish-yellowish-smooth photos)

Btw I have to agree , post processing ruined the camera. I was up for my college freshers party and the images were pale yellow and I don't feel like sharing them(so decked to erase them :/ ).

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Btw I have to agree , post processing ruined the camera. I was up for my college freshers party and the images were pale yellow and I don't feel like sharing them(so decked to erase them :/ ).
You could have tried fixing the colour balance in Nokia Creative Studio.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

You could have tried fixing the colour balance in Nokia Creative Studio.

Is only a workaround (but you lost quality and not always you remember the right wb of the real place)
Also the bug makes too much smoother the final image (and here you lost a lot of details)

We are lucky that Lumia Cyan solves this bug (I test this on 630, I hope that also on our 920 has the same behaviour)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Great news,
yesterday I tested a 1520 (with Lumia Black and WP8) and also e 630 (with Lumia Cyan and WP8.1): I compared more photos and I can confirm what I write in the title.

Goooooood :))))))))))

Please Nokia-Microsoft, speeds up the release of this great firmware

This is good news. I hope this will going to fix the issue on my 920.. How about the front facing camera? Front facing camera is unusable because of yellowish results.. Can you please upload some pictures?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

This is good news. I hope this will going to fix the issue on my 920.. How about the front facing camera? Front facing camera is unusable because of yellowish results.. Can you please upload some pictures?

I can't uploade images because I run my tests on devices that I find in a shop for demo. When I will return in the shop another time I will test the front camera and I will say you the result ��

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I can't uploade images because I run my tests on devices that I find in a shop for demo. When I will return in the shop another time I will test the front camera and I will say you the result ��

Thanks! Make sure the "preview photo" is turned on.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If this is true then I will be so much happy. The post processing bug ruined the image quality of my beloved Lumia 720. I'm looking forward to using my phone as a great camera once more.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

so there is no way cyan will be available before end of june ?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Sounds good indeed. You don't happen to have a link to some sample by any chance?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Sounds good indeed. You don't happen to have a link to some sample by any chance?

For me is not possible but users that bought the 630 can do this.
I opened a thread in the 630 forum with this request.

Mat Kfgb

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

put some photos to see if is true.
:shocked:

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I can't test the front camera because the 630 doens't have it

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Worst news... this is an answer (17 June, 2014) from Juha Alakarhu, an Official Nokia’s imaging experts:

"
Q: Did the Cyan update fixed the yellow/green tint (post-processing bug) in the image result ?
Juha Alakarhu: Lumia Cyan brings updates to the imaging apps (Creative Studio, Storyteller) and improves the Camera app too. It will also improve the image quality of Lumia 1520, Icon (and Lumia 930).
"

Then this is what I think:
-for newest Lumia with Lumia Cyan by default (630,635,930) we don't have the issue
-for Lumia 1520 and Lumia Icon (929) the upgrade to Lumia Cyan will solve the issue
-for other Lumia (520,525,620,625,720,820,920,925,928,1020,1320) the issue remains :-((((((((

...if yes, I will remain with Portico on my 920 :-(

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon