Installing apps manually on nokia lumia 920 ???

WaseemAkram

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi , There .
Is there a way that we can install apps manually on 920.

I am using Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 .Is it Possible to download and install apps manually on this device.

My device wifi is not working properly .I dont no whats the problem is but its very frustrating. Cant do anything about that.

Help me on the issue .:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Rikki Saxena

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Not possible to install manually on NL920 because there is no SD card on that. But for wifi issues, try to hard reset your phone, it solves many issues.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think with 8.1 it works without SD
This is correct. I have managed to install a couple of apps using the xap on my 920 running 8.1 DP.

To do this, download the xap from the WP store and copy it to the root folder of the phone storage using your PC via USB. Then, open the store app on the 920 and tap the ellipses and you should see an option for "Install Local Apps" which lets you select to install some or all of the apps it detects.

I have seen this new 8.1 feature reported on some WP news sites but for some reason its not really been mentioned here on WP Central.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
This is correct. I have managed to install a couple of apps using the xap on my 920 running 8.1 DP.

To do this, download the xap from the WP store and copy it to the root folder of the phone storage using your PC via USB. Then, open the store app on the 920 and tap the ellipses and you should see an option for "Install Local Apps" which lets you select to install some or all of the apps it detects.

I have seen this new 8.1 feature reported on some WP news sites but for some reason its not really been mentioned here on WP Central.
Maybe because it actually gives you an option to download cracked apps , which in previous versions wasn't available

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I 've tried this with apps that are no longer published... I downloaded the XAP from the app store on my pc and copied it over (into the downloads folder and i got up to installation, but they failed.

1airlee

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 920 phone' 8.1 Preview Ver ...895. But in its store have no option "Install local apps". How did you do in order to your phone have the option "Install local Apps" ?
Please help me.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you install with xap file ?
If this above mentioned method works then all you've to do is go to windowsphone.com on your PC, search for your app, download the .xap file from the link and move the file to the root of your phone using a USB cable

1airlee

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
If this above mentioned method works then all you've to do is go to windowsphone.com on your PC, search for your app, download the .xap file from the link and move the file to the root of your phone using a USB cable

I've done that. But my phone's store has no option "Install local Apps". So I can't install from xap files.

Peyob

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Topherious, you are right.

But, if a soft doesn't exist on store, is this way run?
I can't try because all my xap are on store.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Topherious, you are right.

But, if a soft doesn't exist on store, is this way run?
I can't try because all my xap are on store.

Installing apps via xap on the 920 (and other phones without SD cards) is not meant to be a way to install cracked or unsigned apps. All Microsoft has done is take the existing feature for installing apps from the SD card and allowed it to work from the root of local phone storage. In fact the current text on the "Install Local Apps" page on my 920 references SD card so they are just using the same feature for both local and SD storage across all devices.

For people wanting to install unsigned apps, they will still need a developer unlocked device and follow the existing sideload procedure. For anyone wanting to install cracked apps using this method they are out of luck (and rightly so as apps are pretty cheap enough to pay for what you use) as this only allows you to install apps currently available on the WP store, the same as installing from SD. If the app for the xap is no longer published, the install will likely fail.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion