How to have auto-correct to replace the wrong word every time?

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone :smile:

So I've been using Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920), for a year and everything is fine, but there is one aspect that annoys me, and that is the auto correct feature, or more exactly, how it works.

So if I'm writing an e-mail or sending an SMS, Windows Phone keeps suggesting the right words when I mistype anything, the problem is that it won't auto-correct every time (like the Iphone for example), only when it "thinks" its suggestion is 100% accurate.
And my question is why? Why it won't auto-correct every time? The word that I mistyped is there for me to click on it, but the phone won't auto correct for itself (like the Iphone does for example).

Is there any option that I can enable in order for it to auto correct every word every time a suggestion is offered?

This happens when the Keyboard is in English or Portuguese (portugal PT-pt)

Regards.

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to have auto-correct to replace the wrong word every time

Go to settings -> keyboard and tap the language you want to change. Then make sure the checkbox "auto correct misspelled words" is ticked.

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to have auto-correct to replace the wrong word every time

Go to settings -> keyboard and tap the language you want to change. Then make sure the checkbox "auto correct misspelled words" is ticked.

Hi.

Yes, the checkbox is ticked, and as I said before, Windows Phone sometimes corrects the misspelled words, but not every time there is a suggestion.
For instance, every time there is a typo, Iphone replaces the word if there is any suggestion, but Windows Phone doesn't. Windows Phone only replaces the misspelled word when it "thinks" the suggestion is 100% accurate.

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon