I have a 920. Will I be able to get so 8.1?

Tim Weatherby

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920. Was on ATT and left to go to T mobile and got a different phone. My 920 is not on any carrier and only has Wi-Fi. Will I be able to get the 8.1 update still even if not linked to carrier and only have wifi?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920. Was on ATT and left to go to T mobile and got a different phone. My 920 is not on any carrier and only has Wi-Fi. Will I be able to get the 8.1 update still even if not linked to carrier and only have wifi?

I would have thought you could get a CV update, as this is not tied to any particular carrier...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought you could get a CV update, as this is not tied to any particular carrier...

No, current carrier does NOT affect where the update comes from.

It's tied to the phone's firmware. My AT&T-branded 920 was flashed to the CV French ROM, so it would get updates from Nokia instead of AT&T. But my phone is still on AT&T service.

It will get an update when it is released by whatever source the firmware points the phone REGARDLESS of current state.

1airlee

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

Today, my Lumia 920's already updated. Its status is WP Pre ver. No: 8.10.147147.180. But it's still Black and the option: "Install local app" has not present.
Anyone is different from me ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)