Solution to Yellow Screen dots/spots in the Lumia 920

fernancgf

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok people... as many of you I have the yellow spots/dots screen issue in my Lumia 920.

I would like to know if someone has a solution and show you one thing that maybe could help us... I haven't try it and I don't know if the reason is the same...

If you know what the OnePlus One is you would also know that one of the main issues with the OnePlus One is a yellow part of the screen even if the phone is new... I don't know the reasons and I don't really think that the situation is the same but maybe we are facing the same...

The reason seams to be a problem with the glue of the screen and the solution seams to be the exposition to UV light... Some people say that if you put the phone in the sun for a couple hours it will go away and even quicker if you put it under a UV light (like the ones for the nails in beauty centers)...

Does someone has an UV light and is able to try this? Maybe the solution is the same, maybe not but it could help... if someone has a UV light can try this?

Th1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

armyvet66629

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Exposing it to UV radiation and or UV lights seems like it will do more harm than good. Better to get a warranty replacement or hold out til your upgrade. But if it works, why not lol

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
as armyvet explained UV will do more harm to the adhesive as it degrades. It may actually be the cause for the yellow tint you see. You can replace the screen for $50-$80 on ebay:
Blue Back Cover Housing Assembly for Nokia Lumia 920 Sim Tray Charging Coil | eBay

It is not too difficult to change the screen. I would not attempt to replace the digitizer only as that can get very messy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PVqwJx5N8c
good videos on how to do this by le55ons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKd8tCAH-eY

fernancgf

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have 80 bucks and sincerely I'm not into spending more money in a phone that I like but is kinda old... I mean, is a good phone but is a dual core phone in a quad core world... Investing money in this phone is like throwing it away...

I know that WP doesn't need too much horsepower but the speed differences between a Lumia 930 and my Lumia 920 are evident and not just in games is evident in fluidity and everyday use... Denying that is nonsense...

The Lumia 920 was a really nice phone... Right now it isn't an amazing device...

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is I also had the yellow hue issue and it was bothering me too. After a holiday and using it as my satnav on my dash the yellow tint disappeared. I wonder if it was the sunlight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes