Where do we go from here?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
At least you have MS stores... There's none in the EU. We don't even have Bing rewards. So even though the EU has been good for MS we're still second class citizens for the most part. Most of their services here are second rate compared to the US.

Last edited:

kevin hill3

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I to love my 920 it has been a great phone, but i really see nothing better out there right now, sure the camera's are better but that means nothing to me. They all look the same, run the same. I am excited about the HTC phone but I am not on Verizon, I am just bored with the look of the phones, they all look alike there is really nothing to set them apart other then the size of the 1520. I don't go in for all the new gimmicks they put on phones to get you to trade up and Android phones are loaded with them, don't get me wrong I do like Android I think it is a fine OS I just prefer Windows. Would you trade in the car you have that is paid off for one that looks just like it but has power windows. I guess I will be waiting for the new model year.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's a weird problem to have. This is the first time I've had a phone about two years where I'm still happy with how it stacks up against there new phones. There isn't enough of an improvement out there to warrant a new 2 yr contract.

I'm hoping a new Lumia comes out. If it was just a faster 1020 it would be enough for me to upgrade.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I to love my 920 it has been a great phone, but i really see nothing better out there right now, sure the camera's are better but that means nothing to me. They all look the same, run the same. I am excited about the HTC phone but I am not on Verizon, I am just bored with the look of the phones, they all look alike there is really nothing to set them apart other then the size of the 1520. I don't go in for all the new gimmicks they put on phones to get you to trade up and Android phones are loaded with them, don't get me wrong I do like Android I think it is a fine OS I just prefer Windows. Would you trade in the car you have that is paid off for one that looks just like it but has power windows. I guess I will be waiting for the new model year.

After owning an HTC Titan before the Nokia's I wouldn't ever go back to HTC. I had so many issues with the Titan and HTC was worthless and told me it was AT&T...all the issues were solved when getting the L520, and that was a cheap phone. Wife and I both had HTC Titan's and while they performed well, the signal was awful.
I just bought my L920 and love it, it runs great for what I need and I like not being in contract and got it for $150 brand new

NSH

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If it were not for my current issue ( http://forums.windowscentral.com/search.php?searchid=9929193 ), I wouldn't have any need to upgrade soon.
I'm hoping Cyan can fix my problems but I am doubtful.

I would like to get another 'flagship' phone but I don't really see anything that appeals to me. Truth be told I have considered jumping ship, but I am on the fence. I have used WP since it was first released (Samsung Focus) and it would be hard to change at this point.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Interesting discussion. If not for the 1020 I have now I would still be using the 920 I upgraded from as there has been nothing till recently that was a worthy upgrade till the 930 and if I wasnt already on the 1020 I would definitely have considered it as its an upgrade in pretty much every area, so its interesting to read so many that think its not a worthy upgrade. I did actually briefly have the 1520 but sent it back because of the tap/swipe bug but apart from that and a lesser camera I would have kept it. Intruiging dilema you guys have. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
After owning an HTC Titan before the Nokia's I wouldn't ever go back to HTC. I had so many issues with the Titan and HTC was worthless and told me it was AT&T...all the issues were solved when getting the L520, and that was a cheap phone. Wife and I both had HTC Titan's and while they performed well, the signal was awful.
I just bought my L920 and love it, it runs great for what I need and I like not being in contract and got it for $150 brand new
I agree with you about HTC. They burned me with the Titan also. Poor support. Horrible reception. They told me that using the phone while it was plugged in was considered "abuse".

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Interesting discussion. If not for the 1020 I have now I would still be using the 920 I upgraded from as there has been nothing till recently that was a worthy upgrade till the 930 and if I wasnt already on the 1020 I would definitely have considered it as its an upgrade in pretty much every area, so its interesting to read so many that think its not a worthy upgrade. I did actually briefly have the 1520 but sent it back because of the tap/swipe bug but apart from that and a lesser camera I would have kept it. Intruiging dilema you guys have. :)

I see the 930 as just a faster 920.
A good phone, but not worth another 2 yr contract.

If it had that increased speed plus the 1020 camera I'd go for it.

The most appealing phone to me right now is the 1520. Faster and with an upgraded camera. But I wish it had the 1020 camera.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I see the 930 as just a faster 920.
A good phone, but not worth another 2 yr contract.

If it had that increased speed plus the 1020 camera I'd go for it.

The most appealing phone to me right now is the 1520. Faster and with an upgraded camera. But I wish it had the 1020 camera.

Wait, you do know that 930 camera and the 1520 camera are identical? Actually the only difference between the two is the size and the sd card in the 1520.

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
At least to have MS stores... There's none in the EU. We don't even have Bing rewards. So even though the EU had been good for MS we're still second class citizens for the most part. Most of their services here are second rate compared to the US.

Yep, im getting soo fed up that im not going to wait for MS to come to Europe, im going to move to California instead :D

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, im getting soo fed up that im not going to wait for MS to come to Europe, im going to move to California instead :D

Some users consider switching carriers to get a specific phone; that's nothing in comparison to moving to a different continent! :amaze:

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
32gb is enough for me... but yes I do miss glance :(

It's always one or the other.
SD card and Glance but 16GB storage
Plenty of storage but no Glance
32GB with SD and Glance but too big
No wireless charging

It's always one feature away from being perfect with these Nokia's. They need to just come out with a master phone with everything, something with a decent screen size that's not crazy big and all the regular bells and whistles. Nothing should be missing. Make that one master phone, the 830 and the 630 and call it a fiscal year.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's always one or the other.
SD card and Glance but 16GB storage
Plenty of storage but no Glance
32GB with SD and Glance but too big
No wireless charging

It's always one feature away from being perfect with these Nokia's. They need to just come out with a master phone with everything, something with a decent screen size that's not crazy big and all the regular bells and whistles. Nothing should be missing. Make that one master phone, the 830 and the 630 and call it a fiscal year.

It's hard to make one master phone, because people prioritize different things.

I happen to want a large screen, so if they made the phone you wanted I'd probably be writing about how every phone is missing something. How they just need to make that one master phone with a large screen, 41 mp camera, Glance, 32 GB, and SD card.

Then someone else will say that they're missing a physical keyboard.

:wink:

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to make one master phone, because people prioritize different things.

I happen to want a large screen, so if they made the phone you wanted I'd probably be writing about how every phone is missing something. How they just need to make that one master phone with a large screen, 41 mp camera, Glance, 32 GB, and SD card.

Then someone else will say that they're missing a physical keyboard.

:wink:

Damn... You're right.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally I only had 2 Lumia phones. The 520 and now the 1520. Personally I have always had screen sizes between 4-5" due to having an iPhone 3GS, low end androids for a few years and finally the 520. I was happy with the screen size but deep down I would like a slightly bigger size. I read about the 1520 but never seen one in real life. So when my 520 broke I had no money so bought a 1520 on a buy now pay 12 month later scheme. When it arrived I was very impressed. Maybe I am a gadget geek. Maybe its like having a tv. The bigger the tv the more you will enjoy watching tv and playing games on it. When the 1520 arrived I could not believe the size and the lightness to it. Luckily I am not a person who wears jeans. I go for baggy clothes and even with a cover case the phone fits easily into my jackets, combats,etc....and doesn't pop out and I can close the zip on the pocket. 6" is perfect. Not to big and I am used to it. Wouldn't go bigger but wouldn't go smaller. If your up for a new phone I can recommend it.beautiful phone, lovely screen, light, SD card, wireless charging, glance...cant complain. Held an iPhone 5 a few days back..i just couldn't see myself going back to a smaller phone. Like anything in life you adapt and get used to it. Yes it looks big in the shops but after 48 hours with it...its perfect. And with the screen size I now swipe when I texts. Never used to. Hope my comments go some way in helping you decide

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the Lumia 1525 soon, as its supposed to go to T-Mobile too. I already drew and cut out the 1520 dimensions, and I couldn't be more excited to finally upgrade from my HTC Radar. And I'll get WP9 from here on out too! :D

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If i was still on my 920, i'd definitely go up to 1520(which i have now) or even the 930/Icon.
the 930 is meant to be an evolution of the 920, not something radically different.

Every iteration of the iPhone and Galaxy Devices is not something they radically changed so much as they improved on the last gen model.

Going to a LArger screen, FUll HD
Quad Core Processor
8.7 camera to 20 megapixel with Pureview
Etc etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99