Lumia 920 glass cracked, replaced.. touch doesnt work

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I bought a Lumia 920 for my son and he dropped it. LCD was still in tact so I decided to do a Glass / Digitizer replacement on it since I had done this before with other phones for other people and myself.Got one on order from ebay June 25th. Well with summer he was running around everywhere and I needed him to have his phone on him so couldn't take it with me to repair. Finally when we had time to (July 27th) I sat down proceeded to take it apart only to discover none of the Torx bits I had went down to t3... so I ordered a set, got it in last week finally and replaced the glass and digitizer only to find out touch input is not working at all... I took the phone apart and unhooked all the cables again and re-seated everything. Still no luck.

So at this point I am trying to source a reliable vendor to get another replacement glass in. I cant trust that just because a auction says OEM that it is indeed an OEM part lol. Has anyone successfully purchased a working glass and digitizer assembly? If so care to point me in the right direction with a link?

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It is always a risk, because real OEM is screen + digitizer (Nokia care does not replace only glass). Feel free to correct me, but I doubt you will find genuine glass (digitizer) only.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
...Has anyone successfully purchased a working glass and digitizer assembly? If so care to point me in the right direction with a link?

Personally I think it's hit or miss anywhere. I have purchased 2 OEM digitizer screen replacements from Etradesupply.com and 1 worked perfectly where as the second had a defective connector and had to go back. They handled the return and credit promptly so in the end they're probably as good as you will find. Just make sure you get the OEM part to ensure compatibility. I have also done the digitizer only replacement and if you don't get an OEM digitizer it won't work properly.

Hope this helps.

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
don't know if I am allowed to post a link like this or not, but I ended up purchasing this one:

Nokia Lumia 920 Outer Glass Touch Digitizer Lens Screen Adhesive Glue Tape | eBay

Reason being is that after the first replacement I didn't feel like the adhesive held up very well. This allowed me to remove all the adhesive confidently, install the glass and digitizer without the adhesive, test to make sure it all worked, then put the new adhesive on and seal it all up. Phone has been working great and shipping was fast for me.

Hope that helps someone else out, as always though your mileage may vary!

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
looks like I'll be buying again :D sons friend knocked his phone off the desk and cracked his screen again. Told my son he needs to come up with the $$ for it this time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos