Cyan and LTE

atisho

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone a AT&T brand phone? Mine is a ATT brand and was flashed to French CV some months ago. After the OTA cyan update, lost LTE. Flashed back to Rogers Cyan and Nokia Software Recovery tried to flash the phone back to ATT and failed.

Thanks for all the work everyone, I'm trying that myself now after losing LTE.

Flashing French Euro 059R4H6
Flashing Rogers Cyan 059Q6W4
Using Nokia Software Recovery to flash again..

Phone is a Rogers 920 in Black, 059Q6W4...

Crossing fingers!

EDIT: LTE now shows up when I do a manual network scan, and it connects to LTE successfully.. Looks good!

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
My Internet Sharing stopped working after Cyan. What did you do to have this working?

Spoke too soon. Internet Sharing keeps saying I don't have a data connection to share even though my connections are working fine. I've tried it under Edge, 3g, and LTE and its all the same. Before I got LTE working I could share my 3G connection without the "data plan doesn't include hotspot" message. I'm on T-Mobile's unlimited LTE so I get 3GB/month of sharing.

After getting LTE my data was intermittent so I installed accesspoint and now I get the "I don't have hotspot enabled" message. I guess I just have to do the SIM card trick detailed here since adding a keyboard didn't help:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html

Last edited:

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's good to know that it's possible to fix. The problem for us with ATT that went to rm-821 is the Nokia Recovery Tool doesn't work and I don't know of a way to flash back to the ATT ROM. I guess I'll mess with it more this weekend.

I'm glad you all got it working though!

Same issue here..

Last year I flashed the rm-821 Rodgers ROM for Black on AT&T and now when I flash a Cyan ROM I don't have LTE.....

Anyone know how to get the Nokia Recovery Tool to work with an AT&T 920 and a rm-821 ROM?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Internet Sharing keeps saying I don't have a data connection to share even though my connections are working fine. I've tried it under Edge, 3g, and LTE and its all the same. Before I got LTE working I could share my 3G connection without the "data plan doesn't include hotspot" message. I'm on T-Mobile's unlimited LTE so I get 3GB/month of sharing.

After getting LTE my data was intermittent so I installed accesspoint and now I get the "I don't have hotspot enabled" message. I guess I just have to do the SIM card trick detailed here since adding a keyboard didn't help:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mobile-sim.html

I tried no luck here :(

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here..

Last year I flashed the rm-821 Rodgers ROM for Black on AT&T and now when I flash a Cyan ROM I don't have LTE.....

Anyone know how to get the Nokia Recovery Tool to work with an AT&T 920 and a rm-821 ROM?

Try to flash att portico them Nokia Recover tool

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Try to flash att portico them Nokia Recover tool

Do you have any idea where to get a att portico ROM? They're not available on Navi Firm...

Edit: I got a portico ATT Lumia 920 Black (in color, since the Cyan one won't download) and I get the same FFU error. Although, the portico rogers one installed fine... LTE still not fixed. I'm thinking to ATT phones are screwed.

Last edited:

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea where to get a att portico ROM? They're not available on Navi Firm...

Edit: I got a portico ATT Lumia 920 Black (in color, since the Cyan one won't download) and I get the same FFU error. Although, the portico rogers one installed fine... LTE still not fixed. I'm thinking to ATT phones are screwed.

Maybe you need ATT portico

antixian

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
so where did you find the att portico? i'm in the same situation as you. originally flashed to rogers pre-portico, then rm-821 french rom to amber, ota update to black, then ota update to cyan and lost my tethering and lost lte. field test shows invalid and no signals on lte radios.

then went to (059Q5C6) rm-821 global to get back to wp8.0. lte and tethering still not working. so then flash to rm-821 euro dev black (059R4H6) and then to rogers rm-820 cyan (059Q6W4).

this is where i'm at now and get the ffu error for any att flash or NSRT updates.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you flash one of the Chinese RM-822 roms on it? Does the universe implode?
I ask because I don't know where to go from here...my daily phone flashing has hit a wall.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
so where did you find the att portico? i'm in the same situation as you. originally flashed to rogers pre-portico, then rm-821 french rom to amber, ota update to black, then ota update to cyan and lost my tethering and lost lte. field test shows invalid and no signals on lte radios.

then went to (059Q5C6) rm-821 global to get back to wp8.0. lte and tethering still not working. so then flash to rm-821 euro dev black (059R4H6) and then to rogers rm-820 cyan (059Q6W4).

this is where i'm at now and get the ffu error for any att flash or NSRT updates.

I downloaded from Navifirm. Follow this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/224417-2.htm
You can only get the color black one though. You can download the FFU file of any of them and I've tried changing the files, but they have tons of checks that if you change one letter one any file, it produces an error, so you need every file on the download list. But the portico ROM still throws the FFU error... I'm not sure what to do anymore, unless there's a way to wipe the device prior to programming it...

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If anyone can get a hold of the version RM820 1232.2109.1242.1001 files, it might work. That's the firmware the phone shipped with. Navifirm has most of the files, but is missing two, including the FFU. This has become a frustration search for files, if anyone has or can find them, I'll give it a shot, but I'm tired of searching.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I tried no luck here :(

The foreign SIM trick worked for me on my Rogers 920 on T-Mobile US running Cyan + 8.1.1. Internet Sharing is enabled and works fine on LTE and HSPA+

I know there are some Rogers users on here. Did you guys OTA Cyan and keep LTE?

Yes works fine here on T-Mobile USA

Last edited:

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read the rest of the thread (so don't hate me if I'm re-posting anything).

Download the access point app and activate your carrier settings. You might have to create a dummy profile, switch it on, then switch on your carrier profile again to get it to stick properly.

Thereafter, you should be able to connect at LTE. Test by switching to 3G only, waiting 10 seconds, then switching to LTE. (That's what worked for me with a Rogers 920 on Bell Mobility).

I have a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile.

So I wanted to jump the gun and get Cyan on my device. I flashed the Euro Dev rom initially because it supposedly had Cyan but it didn't. My LTE worked fine though. Then I flashed Vodafone UK ROM with Cyan and no LTE. UK O2 has no LTE, neither does CV IT. I gave up and went back to CV AU which I had been using for a year with LTE and no problems but I don't have LTE on it anymore. I tried the Rogers Black ROM and ATT Dev and neither can connect to LTE.

My highest data connection is set to LTE but when I search for networks it only pulls down Tmobile 2g,3g and AT&T 2g, 3g.

Any suggestions?

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bingo!!! This worked for me. I now have LTE on AT&T.

Doing a network speed test I went from 2.31 Mbps to 10 Mbps after the change.

Thank You!

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Bingo!!! This worked for me. I now have LTE on AT&T.

Doing a network speed test I went from 2.31 Mbps to 10 Mbps after the change.

Thank You!

This is an at&t phone? Didn't work for me on the FR rom w/cyan. Made new dummy access point, changed to it, changed back to T_Mobile (Weird name but okay.) and still no LTE/4g.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is an at&t phone? Didn't work for me on the FR rom w/cyan. Made new dummy access point, changed to it, changed back to T_Mobile (Weird name but okay.) and still no LTE/4g.

nothing seems to have changed here - same boat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers