What are you doing ATT, why don't you rollout WP8.1 for Lumia 920/820?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No one knows what AT&T‘s doing for Lumia 920 Now, so do we wait only? I can't repress anger still with ’under testing‘ when I check AT&T's consumer blog or Nokia Software Update status every time! AT&T said that they would be first to bring WP8.1 update for us, it's obviously cheating, isn't it?, but T-Mobile&Verizon are real more ridiculous.

Its a phone update, take a deep breath and maybe you want to do something else. Even I have hobbies outside WPC.

Also, if its that bad, don't get a phone thats subsidized. Get the unlocked int'l one and for the price of a few hundred more up-front and maybe something like LTE, you get the piece of mind that no carrier can muck up your updates (maybe even the option to go to a cheaper carrier/MVNO or plan. Is your anger worth that much?

Or you could flash a different ROM, the benefits of a phone that isn't tied to AT&T at the cost of potentially losing LTE in this case.
Although if you go to the ROGERS one it should be ok?

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Creating demand for the new Models , I mean for most non - geeks , they don't even know if the update is coming to their phones and with new models already having it , they assume they should but the new models to get the latest and greatest , and in most cases that's what they do .

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Its a phone update, take a deep breath and maybe you want to do something else. Even I have hobbies outside WPC.

Also, if its that bad, don't get a phone thats subsidized. Get the unlocked int'l one and for the price of a few hundred more up-front and maybe something like LTE, you get the piece of mind that no carrier can muck up your updates (maybe even the option to go to a cheaper carrier/MVNO or plan. Is your anger worth that much?

Or you could flash a different ROM, the benefits of a phone that isn't tied to AT&T at the cost of potentially losing LTE in this case.

Thanks, you say that makes me feel a little better! As a WP&Windows super fan, I'm disappointed in MSFT, Carrier is also deceiver.

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Apparently some people are have trouble with any app that uses the camera after the update on other carriers. Frankly if they (Microsoft, ATT, Nokia, whoever) pointed this out to us, gave us an ETA, and made it clear that they were working on it, I could stand waiting a little while longer.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've done that last year and flashed the Rogers rom to my US-ATT L920. I had LTE and no problems with speed with the Rogers rom. I did loose internet sharing though. Phone got replaced in the meantime and I am back to US-ATT though at this point and I am considering flashing with a Rogers rom again if it takes too long for Cyan to appear in the US.
cheers

Alex Grubik

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, everybody! Can anybody help me unlock my att phone here? A friend of mine tried, but she uses att only for her landline phone, and this category of customers is not allowed to unlock cell phones. I thought maybe someone here can help me with that. I got the IMEI code. Please...

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everybody! Can anybody help me unlock my att phone here? A friend of mine tried, but she uses att only for her landline phone, and this category of customers is not allowed to unlock cell phones. I thought maybe someone here can help me with that. I got the IMEI code. Please...

If you can not get the unlock code from AT&T CustomerCare, maybe you can try to ask Unlock Samsung IPhone Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net to get your phone unclock code, but it might spend your money, just my advice.:winktongue:

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
... I am back to US-ATT though at this point and I am considering flashing with a Rogers rom again if it takes too long for Cyan to appear in the US.
cheers
Same sentiment here. I used the Rogers switch update to move our Sammy Focii to 7.8 back in the day and it worked like a charm. I'm a little concerned about doing the 920 that way though. We'll see how long ATT drags their feat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes