Blue Screen Sad smiley face

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I've searched the forums and couldnt find it. My search may not have been thorough so if you know anything direct me to the link.

Anyway, my phone just froze in the middle of a whatsapp conversation, restarted, went to 0% battery life (which is weird because I was charging it at the moment), I unplugged it, it shut off, I tried to turn it back on but it just gave me a blue screen with a white sad smiley face.

I attached the picture.

Does anybody know anything about this?

I dont want to reset my phone, I REALLY DONT WANT TO RESET MY PHONE. with the nokia tool

I tried the hardware button reset, power button + volume down but nothing happened. as in I still get the blue screen.

My att lumia 920 is running the developers preview and i think cyan is available but I dont know if I can get it without downgrading. I have automatic updates turned on and the only other app I had open was facebook beta.

Could somebody offer me a solution that doesnt involve the nokia tool.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I've searched the forums and couldnt find it. My search may not have been thorough so if you know anything direct me to the link.

I dont want to reset my phone, I REALLY DONT WANT TO RESET MY PHONE. with the nokia tool

I tried the hardware button reset, power button + volume down but nothing happened. as in I still get the blue screen.

had this briefly show up on my last Cyan update. A soft reset worked. Press power button and volume down button at the same time for a few seconds and the phone should reboot. Maybe you didn't press long enough? It takes a minimum of 10seconds on mine before it reboots with the soft reset.

hope it's nothing more complicated

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I fixed it. First I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It didn't work.

I kept getting an error.

So I searched around and read an interesting piece of information. I had previously flashed my phone with a developers rom. This is what caused the conflict and error codes. Apparently I had my phone set on auto update and downloaded the att cyan.

How did I fix my phone?

With the same software I initially flashed it with. The Nokia Care Suite.

It was now all a matter of getting the same product code and downloading the ffu.

The flashing was done in like two minutes. The time hog was downloading the ffu, which on my slow WiFi took what seemed like forever.

Now I have my phone back and it has CYAN

Follow this tutorial. It works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

Richard500

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

Anyway, my phone just froze in the middle of a whatsapp conversation, restarted, went to 0% battery life (which is weird because I was charging it at the moment), I unplugged it, it shut off, I tried to turn it back on but it just gave me a blue screen with a white sad smiley face.

I attached the picture.

Does anybody know anything about this?

My att lumia 920 is running the developers preview and i think cyan is available but I dont know if I can get it without downgrading. I have automatic updates turned on and the only other app I had open was facebook beta.

Could somebody offer me a solution that doesnt involve the nokia tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo