920 Upgrading to ...?

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My contract runs out in December (EE UK), and I've been trying to decide which phone to upgrade to. I know I have a few months left, yet I honestly cannot consider any current Lumia as an upgrade. They just don't seem to be much of a leap over the 920 tbh. Hopefully MS will release something outstanding in the next few months.

I must admit I am rather liking the BB Passport :D (cue the shouting lol)

As an aside, I like to use phones that are different and not follow what *most* people would buy, ie. Apple/Android. I like to be different, :D Even if I got the Passport, I would still keep my 920 and 520 in use too, :D

​Any thoughts?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, in that I'm not sure what is a true upgrade to my 920. The phone still acts like a beast, even if the hardware is two years old. I was hoping the McLaren would see the light of day, but that didn't turn out correctly, bummer.

So, I'll probably just wait until the next series of phones start coming out, but in all likely hood, if I was on your shoes, I would mess with the 1520 or 830 (when it's released) to see how they do. Yeah, the 830 isn't a true successor to the 920, but the screen is bigger, the included micro SD card slot is nice, I'm just iffy about the processor, I'd like to know how there 920 and 830 stack up - if they're about the same, or better, then that'll be fine by me (again, my 920 is still a beast of a phone haha).

OndrejBakan

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am in same situation as you. To be honest, I don't find any current Lumia as real upgrade to my Lumia 920. Every single device is missing some feature.

Personally I find the Lumia 1520 to be the best of the current devices with its price and HW specs. Also, I think the IPS LCD is better than AMOLED. I need Glance Screen, so Lumia 930 is a big "no-no". But L1520 is too big for me :(

Maybe I will buy BlackBerry Z10/30 and save some money...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am in same situation as you. To be honest, I don't find any current Lumia as real upgrade to my Lumia 920. Every single device is missing some feature.

Personally I find the Lumia 1520 to be the best of the current devices with its price and HW specs. Also, I think the IPS LCD is better than AMOLED. I need Glance Screen, so Lumia 930 is a big "no-no". But L1520 is too big for me :(

Maybe I will buy BlackBerry Z10/30 and save some money...
Don't worry, just use it for a few weeks and you'll get used to it. Try going back to 920 after a 1520, and it feels awkward. The 1520 is also used by Daniel Rubino as his daily driver I think. You should read his 1520 review. 😊

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat for a very long time... I just receive a 1520 that took a almost a week to set up. The 920 was just about the perfect windows device. I bought a nano to micro sum adaptor so I can easily change back to the 920 when needed... Smaller phone or doing things like fishing... The 920 was fully usable one handed... The 1520, even with my large hands, requires two hands...

I like the q1520, but I too was waiting and still waiting for a true replacement...

gurujaii

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi Polomint,

Same situation here. I'm leaning towards iPhone but like you said maybe that is not for you. If you want to have something special check out Jolla.
Not many have it and it sure is different.
Also would have loved to get a real Lumia flagship but seems not to be in the pipeline. Seems that MS gave up on the fight with high end and is focusing to low/mid level phones.
hope you find what your looking for.
J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99