Cyan Update Ringer Notifications and media + apps VOLUME controls: anyone else hate this?

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Using the last update on my Lumia (can't remember the version) the ring control volume was easy. Now in the CYAN Update there is this combo screen for Ringer volume and Media+Apps volume I am having problems and sure wish it was the same as previous versions. I can't quite get the sound to the right level and have been STARTLED awake by the volume being messed up and on full blast.

I wish the volume controls were left alone. Plus now the sounds for incoming emails, text, etc have all changed and are louder. Just wondering if I am the only one hating this update for Volume controls.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The ringer/notification control can still be controlled via the volume rocker when not in an app and the app volume control can be controlled via the rocker when in an app. You don't need to use the on screen controls if you don't want to unless you want to adjust app and ringer volumes while doing other things.

However it does offer immediate mute by tapping the bell or note symbol when the control is viewed.

Lots of people have requested these controls and is one of the reasons why they're around. Whether it's the best solution is always a question of perspective. Personally I'm happy enough.

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
On previous version I always had volume set at 7. 7 did not startle me out of me sleep, it was just loud enough to wake me up. It was also perfect while at work to hear email coming in just at my desk, not my coworkers desk. It also was the perfect level for ringer. Now if the Ringer volume is set at 7 incoming email can be heard not only at my desk but also at any desk in the building at work. Shouldn't email be controlled by the Media switch? I have tested this and now setting the ringer level to 4 seems to be close to the old level 7. That my friend is pretty inconsistent.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There is a request to have separate volume controls for notifications too. Currently it's ringer and notifications and app volume.

I usually don't have my phone on at night and at work I have it on 2. I work in an office. Not sure if the volume has changed but I'm sure if anyone else has noticed it a quick search on the forum will bring it up.

clickclacker

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I used to turn off Text and Email only at night, knowing that if someone called me it must be an emergency and I need to answer. Now the new night time feature is nice to set, but it would be better if you could select "what" to turn off and have a different time setting by day because I would normally go to bed later and sleep later on weekends. Currently it turns everything off. so if there is an emergency telephone call I would never know. Is it still possible to turn Only text and email off independently each night like I used to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire