Nokia 920 or ?

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently an android user. LG Volt that I have on Virgin Mobile.
I like the phone,but....
My plan has a soft cap at 2.5gb. I need more data without throttling. I pay $48.75 a month.

I was thinking about the 10gb $60 a month plan thru Cricket wireless.

So I need to buy a new phone. I was thinking about buying an unlocked new 920 off of eBay for $180.
Then buying a sim from Cricket and activating it thru them.
This will work.?

$180 is at the very top of my budget. I really want the 1020, but cant afford one.
The camera is very important to me.
So is the 920 the right model to pick. Any suggestions welcome.
This would be my very first Windows phone.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't know whether or not it will work, but my Dad has a 920 and it takes incredible photos. I have the 1020, and the camera on my phone is a lot slower to load than his. Hope this somehow helps. 😊

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It won't win any speed tests with the high-end phones of today, but it's speedy enough, the camera is quite nice. It won't stand to the 1020, but the low-light is still quite nice and it probably is still up there as far as smartphones go. with that budget, I don't think I would recommend anything else. (other than the 920's variants, the 925, but they're probably more expensive)

I think your plan should work. Have you also considered Straight Talk? (I think they have ATT and T-Mo compatible SIMs available, my sister uses them)

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
It won't win any speed tests with the high-end phones of today, but it's speedy enough, the camera is quite nice. It won't stand to the 1020, but the low-light is still quite nice and it probably is still up there as far as smartphones go. with that budget, I don't think I would recommend anything else. (other than the 920's variants, the 925, but they're probably more expensive)

I think your plan should work. Have you also considered Straight Talk? (I think they have ATT and T-Mo compatible SIMs available, my sister uses them)

Thank you. I believe Straight Talk is throttled at 3gb, that's why I think Cricket is a better choice for me.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently an android user. LG Volt that I have on Virgin Mobile.
I like the phone,but....
My plan has a soft cap at 2.5gb. I need more data without throttling. I pay $48.75 a month.

I was thinking about the 10gb $60 a month plan thru Cricket wireless.

So I need to buy a new phone. I was thinking about buying an unlocked new 920 off of eBay for $180.
Then buying a sim from Cricket and activating it thru them.
This will work.?

$180 is at the very top of my budget. I really want the 1020, but cant afford one.
The camera is very important to me.
So is the 920 the right model to pick. Any suggestions welcome.
This would be my very first Windows phone.
Have owned my 920 now for two years and still love it! Its a great device and with wp8.1 and update 1 it still runs great. Also durable as hell and love qi wireless charging which it has. Highly recomend it.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also many owners of the 930 on these forums have said while the 930 is faster it is a "marginal/incremental improvement". For a two years newer phone that says a lot about the 920.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm still happy with the general performance of the 920. Still very functional and has held up well over time. Camera is also solid. Only thing starting to wear down a bit is the battery for me. No real surprise to me though, I've pretty much run the device in to the ground

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077